Malkoff LED drop-in for Surefires Spec List

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Re: Malkoff LED drop-in for Surefires Spec List-Update 2016

I Always go right to the horses mouth. Said it was so long ago that he's not sure of the exact specs.

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast

@notregulated
Thank you for all the work you've done for the Malkoff community.

I saw a couple of your threads when i started my runtime thread but i did not pay attention to all that you have compiled. Thanks again and I appreciate you adding the link to my thread.

It's a lot of work and hard to find the time anymore. I was off to a great start even though things could be better/easier for the readers, but life has changed enough that i haven't been able to keep up or finish my work.

:twothumbs to you

thermal guy

Flashaholic

You did a great job my friend. Problem is with the multitude of combinations you would have to make it a full time job. Not to mention when you finally do get done by then gene has updated all his stuff and now your data is out of date.If I'm going to use a light and really need to know runtimes I set a weekend on the calendar and test. I don't have equipment to test output but I know what works for me. Real world info.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast

You are so right TG.
It's great to have to have the information on here, but if I want to know how long a given light will last on given cell, I take it for a walk. If it's dark I take a spare.
Who said that torches can't be good for you?
P

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast

I agree with you guys but you know how many people are always asking about runtime on a given setup.

@TG: You're right, by the time I could get the testing done, Gene will have updated. Kind of like what has recently happened.

If I decide to do anymore testing, i will focus on the setups they were mainly designed for. I haven't totally given up but it's a far reach.

At least we have some good data on what kind of behavior can be expected. I have learned from my graphs that there are better options than what would appear to be obvious.

For example, i would normally choose a m31 or m61 but the graphs show m31l or m61l to be better imo but at the loss of some output. I would have never realized something like this without my testing. However everyones needs are different

thermal guy

Flashaholic

You know I'm just thinking.You could do a special test for us nuts and charge for them. Hear me out. So I get a new m91B. I send it to you. Tell you I would like runtime charts for 3 primaries 2 18650. 2 AA. You do the testing. And send everything back.no two Dropins will be the same so it would be customized to our own lights. Now I know exactly how long my light will work and what output it has on cells I will be using. Huh huh 😁

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast

Somebody else in the past mentioned me offering a service like that. I'm not sure there would be a market for it. Also my setup is probably not accurate enough.

This is kind of why I chose the route to buy almost every option possible from malkoff to test. I obviously didn't know what i was getting into.

Lastly, I'm usually on the road most of the time, however I have adjusted to making it home every weekend but lately trucking has been more of a challenge so I don't know what the future holds

You want to be the first candidate:poke::nana:

thermal guy

Flashaholic

I'm thinking there's a market for it my friend. We get back a nice laminated card with everything we need to know on it.great selling point as well if people decide to get rid of that particular dropin. As for me. I'm a simple guy. I get my light and use the cells I'm planning on using and see how long they go for You know kinda real world.

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast

I hear you, I'm the same way.
Luckily, i think we have a decent amount of data to help the newcomers

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast

Beware of causing yourself unnecessary stress. Once money changes hands expectations rise. I can imagine if gets back and it runs for 5 minutes less, there'd be grumpiness. Just do it for TG, he's one of the nice ones.
Sorry, I spent to many years fronting a restaurant, but it's the reason we stopped doing New Year's Eve.
P

thermal guy

Flashaholic

Thank you for the kind words my friend. And yes it is sad that some people are the way they are. It's really not difficult is it? Just treat others as you want to be treated. Pretty sure I read that in a book somewhere 😁

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast

Well apparently 80% of the worlds population wants to be treated like sheet.

I was raised to treat others as I'd like to be treated. I don't judge anyone, i treat everyone the same unless they show that they need to be treated differently.

I was teased and made fun of for a long time growing up and i have seen people made fun of because they have a disability or are larger, etc, that's just not right. We are all human and should treat each other with respect, but unfortunately that won't ever happen

This world is too messed up and we are going to be what makes us extinct.

Anyway, back on topic

Last edited:

thermal guy

Flashaholic

😊 👍🏻 nicely said my friend.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast

You took the words out of my mouth. We must have been separated at birth.
P