• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Manker U21vn - 26650 Thrower

SG Hall

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: XXX

SDMINIvn has vnx2 and is $130, so I think it's possible.

Fair point Mike, and I hope so. I emailed Vinh about this light before the 3rd gen drivers were finished so it wasn't an option at the time, but I would certainly be keen if it is. It would be great value at those prices. [emoji106]

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

You guys for real? I love Option A. I didnt even play with Option B last night...

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast

You guys for real? I love Option A. I didnt even play with Option B last night...
That's exactly what I was saying to myself too. I didn't hesitate between the two options. Option B will need 5-600 more lumens for me to consider over option A.

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast

Aside from the fact that I own a light similar to Option A, let's do the math.

1300 lumen is 63% greater than 800 lumen.

But, 300k lux is only 33% greater than 225k lux.

For those that like a bit more balance, Option B is no skank. LOL

Last edited:

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast

Vinh, it just seems the more reasonable/useful option. Next time don't even bother asking or posting an option B.... just build it how you want. I'll probably buy it anyway. lolol

EDIT: This comment made me think we were on the same page. What changed?
Same goes with hot spot...a bit tigher hot spot = greater lux = pencil beam = nice numbers = more useless LOL

Last edited:

MikeB.

Flashlight Enthusiast

With the lux difference your looking at 1095 meters vs 950 meters, so not quite 150 meters between the 2 options. For my uses I would go with the extra lumens.

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast

I think he'll sell plenty of both options. People will buy the one that best fills a void in their arsenal.

I don't think he planned to offer both options. It's not like one is dome on and the other de-dome, or simply different beam tints, it's a completely different build.

Or maybe, I don't know what I'm talking about, which would not be surprising.

MikeB.

Flashlight Enthusiast

I don't think he planned to offer both options. It's not like one is dome on and the other de-dome, or simply different beam tints, it's a completely different build.

I would bet the difference is XPG2-PDT vs XPL-PDT the rest would be the same.

Capolini

Banned

I think most of us like bigger hot spot and more lumen. "A" has to be XPG3 W/ the lower lumens/small hot spot!

;)WHEN WILL YOU REVEAL THE LIGHT?! MY MYSTERY LIGHT IS BEING SHIPPED TO YOU TOMORROW! ;)

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast

I prefer option A. If I want to have a small thrower I might as well have a dedicated pocket thrower. This doesn't seem like it wants to be an all around light.

Capolini

Banned

I think the latter part of your opinion is correct,,,,,the last sentence! :shakehead

Offgridled

Flashlight Enthusiast

Personally I'm waiting for spec 3:)

eekazum

Flashlight Enthusiast

my motto: max lux for throwers, max lumens for flooders.

lasers are NOT illumination tools.

spec A for me :)

Last edited:

Capolini

Banned

I would be shocked if it was not the Manker U21. I got some inside info.

I will explain once Vihn verifies the light!

OK,,,,Vihn,,,,,,,,,,,don't kill me!! I was going to send Vinh [New] 2 X Vappower IMR 26650 4200mAh "IF" this mystery light did NOT take 26650.

IT DOES! There could still be another 26650 out there so this is not 100% proof!