• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Manker U21vn - 26650 Thrower

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Re: XXX

New Numbers ;-)

A $120
ANSI
Lumen: 870
Lux: 320K
Throw: 1130m

B $125
ANSI
Lumen: 1500
Lux: 260K
Throw: 1020m

MikeB.

Flashlight Enthusiast

Is this light ready to be released and unmasked soon?

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ok now I kinda want option B. Is it an XPL-PDT with massive current boost? Wonder how the light handles the heat compared to option A?

MikeB.

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm still guessing Drivervnx2 with option A being XPG2-PDT and option B being XPL-PDT

I don't think heat will be a big issue for either option with the mass of this light (whatever it is).

Capolini

Banned

New Numbers ;-)

A $120
ANSI
Lumen: 870
Lux: 320K
Throw: 1130m

B $125
ANSI
Lumen: 1500
Lux: 260K
Throw: 1020m

Great job Vinh!! Love it!! :twothumbs B version will challenge and may surpass my M2Xvn DD/SINGLE MODE XML2 version!

IS THE "B" VERSION XHP35?

Last edited:

Capolini

Banned

The icing on the cake for me would be that it has an XHP35 and OPTION B is NEUTRAL like the EC60vn!!:cool::party::twothumbs

Come on Vinh,,,,,,,, PLEASE VALIDATE the LEDS!! I am 56 and feel like a 12 year old waiting to open my Christmas present!!! lol!

A=XPG3[2?]

B = XHP35 and the numbers are from NEUTRAL sample!!

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Post 1 updated

I tried to make Spec 2 as cheap as possible even with hard to source XPL PDT :). Will probably be the popular seller. I personally still lean towards Spec 1 for this light.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast

Depending on their tints and heat management I could lean towards either or. If spec 1 handles heat so much better that it can stay on max output for way longer than spec 2, I'd probably get them. Are there any tint differences between the two lights, or options for different color temperatures?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
How does speck 2 handle heat?

Heat is not a big deal with these lights due to relatively substantial heat sinking design. Of course the light will eventually get too hot with the XPL PDT but it's long enough that this make this light a chilled cucumber relative to my other lights LOL. XPG2 PDT need not to worry about heat in most environment.