MBI #3 - Codename: HF

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just read the newsletter. Rock On! I am in on this one too! :D

the_guy_with_no_name

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm in for one too. Who needs to eat anyway right!?
Hi Orange Sunnyboy,
No one can tell you've lost weight in the dark,
but just flash them with the HF and you'll larger than life ;)

Another COOL project! I am up for one and some of those batteries for FULL POWER!!! :D
Thanks Machinist Man,
FULL STEAM AHEAD :thumbsup:

Just read the newsletter. Rock On! I am in on this one too! :D
Hi Tixx,
Thanks and glad to have you onboard again :D

tgwnn

p.s. I asked the workshop to add 1mm to the tail to make sure tail standing will be stable with the lanyard in the photo a few posts above this one. Also currently hunting down the perfectly sized oval split ring ;)

p.p.s. Looks like I may need to make more than I initially planned.

p.p.p.s. Im thinking of calling this the light'in'bolt as the official name, what do you think?

GrimCreaper

Newly Enlightened
You know, i really want this. I missed out on the 40DD due to work related pay issues. Trying to save money, hadnt purchased a light in a LONG time till i pre-ordered your CoreTi. Now this comes along. You sir, are a genius, and a madman. I love the design though, its unique :D. Youve done this at a critical point as well. Steam is potentially starting their big summer sale this week. Now i need to not look at Steam at all.

Edit: i also didnt get the update, just manually adjusted my setting though so hopefully ill get other MBI updates.

rebelbayou

Newly Enlightened
Brilliant concept TGWNN, just brilliant! Count me in for 1 for sure. I envision a whole curio cabinet dedicated to MBI lights in my future! Thank you for sharing your creativity and products with all of us fellow flashlight enthisiatists here on CPF.

the_guy_with_no_name

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the play on it's shape! What about "Bolt" or "The Bolt?"
Hi Sno4Life,

Thanks. That was my first instinct after coming up with the design but Inova have registered a trademark for "Bolt" and they already have a series of lights by that name. So either something totally different or light'in'bolt, with the lightning logo is arguably different enough to avoid causing confusion to their customers.

Maybe... HotBolt?
Useful when camping. If you switch a few HF's on high, and drop them in a cold bowl of soup, you might be able to warm it up!!

You know, i really want this. I missed out on the 40DD due to work related pay issues. Trying to save money, hadnt purchased a light in a LONG time till i pre-ordered your CoreTi. Now this comes along. You sir, are a genius, and a madman. I love the design though, its unique :D. Youve done this at a critical point as well. Steam is potentially starting their big summer sale this week. Now i need to not look at Steam at all.

Edit: i also didnt get the update, just manually adjusted my setting though so hopefully ill get other MBI updates.

Hi GrimCreaper,
Thanks very much :thumbsup:
Glad you like it and I have to be careful, maybe slow down a little before the entire CPF community starves on my account :mecry:

When you click on the link in the email to update your preferences, you should also see a clickable list of previous updates which you can view in your browser.

Brilliant concept TGWNN, just brilliant! Count me in for 1 for sure. I envision a whole curio cabinet dedicated to MBI lights in my future! Thank you for sharing your creativity and products with all of us fellow flashlight enthisiatists here on CPF.

Hi rebelbayou,

Thanks and a cabinet will definitely be a good idea :crackup:
Pleasure of course is mine and glad to be sharing the light!!

tgwnn

Endalaus

Newly Enlightened
Hi Sno4Life,

Thanks. That was my first instinct after coming up with the design but Inova have registered a trademark for "Bolt" and they already have a series of lights by that name. So either something totally different or light'in'bolt, with the lightning logo is arguably different enough to avoid causing confusion to their customers.

Maybe... HotBolt?

tgwnn

How about some variation of Brightening Bolt? (or possibly frightening bolt when you see how much light it puts out!)

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast
HF just about sums it up, I think! I was away hiking all weekend, so I didn't see this, but damn.....
TGWNN, even your hints about this product didn't stop me from being blown away. I will most definitely take one! I love the idea of this light as a spare battery tube...a 600 lumen spare battery tube (for a 500 lumen, admittedly more practical light)...LOL.

I am, once again (and still), giddy in anticipation of your products. Any guesses as to the dates of first shipment?

Edit: nevermind, just saw your 60 day estimate.

Last edited:

the_guy_with_no_name

Flashlight Enthusiast

How about some variation of Brightening Bolt? (or possibly frightening bolt when you see how much light it puts out!)
Hi Endalaus,

thanks.
Inline withe BrightningBolt (BB), I was thinking of MicroBazooka!! A little long perhaps :)

HF just about sums it up, I think! I was away hiking all weekend, so I didn't see this, but damn.....
TGWNN, even your hints about this product didn't stop me from being blown away. I will most definitely take one! I love the idea of this light as a spare battery tube...a 600 lumen spare battery tube (for a 500 lumen, admittedly more practical light)...LOL.

I am, once again (and still), giddy in anticipation of your products. Any guesses as to the dates of first shipment?

Edit: nevermind, just saw your 60 day estimate.

Hi SL1,

Thanks very much. Hope the hiking was good!!
Funny to think of it that way. A 600 lumen battery holder for a 500 lumen light :D

Just confirmed that production will be 45 days from the time the titanium arrives.
I just spoke to my titanium supplier today and verifying the sizes at the moment.
Hoping to have the Ti at the workshop by next week so 60 days still seems about right.

tgwnn

the_guy_with_no_name

Flashlight Enthusiast
HF - Ti artists impression

The bolt edges are slightly rounded so you dont hurt yourself and slimmed down to the final spec profile.

HF-Ti1.jpg

Its a little hard to grasp how small this is from the images but in Ti, this will be one very sweet light'in'bolt!

tgwnn

p.s. the lightning bolt logo is optional
planning to add serial number somewhere unobtrusive.
the other markings (arrow and off) won't be in the final version.

climberkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
Serial maybe on bottom of tailcap? Other side of center could just be MBI? I like the idea of having the outside completely untouched, especially if there isn't any knurling. Just my opinion.

-Alex

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast
That looks fantastic!! I love the bottom of the tailcap idea, but it might wear pretty fast. Also...what is the UI? Turn for light, turn more for WHAT THE HOLY HELL(?)

Last edited:

Clam

Newly Enlightened
At 600 lumen and being that small, how do you think the light will cope with the heat build up, especially since its titanium?

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
At 600 lumen and being that small, how do you think the light will cope with the heat build up, especially since its titanium?

I don't understand this obsession with minor differences between titanium aluminum with respect to heat buildup. In a small light you're limited by heat capacity, not heat conductivity. Unless you immerse the light in rapidly flowing water (Or mercury) it will continue to heat up until the LED, driver, or battery fail. Small light and high power ===(A million times equals)=== heating up quickly. Copper would heat up a bit more slowly due to high heat capacity. I don't think a 10280 battery exceeds the ability of a good thermal path to titanium, steel, copper, aluminum, brass, or most metals, to move heat to the body. But no metal will cool it off quickly enough.