• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Modifications to convert Malkoff MD2 to "MD1"

hombreluhrs

Enlightened
Martin

My MD1 came today. You did a GREAT job.
It looks absolutely perfect.

Thanks again :)

N8N

Flashlight Enthusiast
you all are evil, this looks like a really great alternative to a MDC. In fact it doesn't look that much larger than a MDC at all when assembled, true?

MartinDWhite

Enlightened
you all are evil, this looks like a really great alternative to a MDC. In fact it doesn't look that much larger than a MDC at all when assembled, true?

The right two are and MD1 and MDC for comparison.

8695412884_9e12ff7cfa_c.jpg

hotlight

Enlightened
bumpdate:
received the MD1 a week or two back...
awesome work Martin and a awesome mod
Wish I still had my Wildcat head.. I am thinking a MD1, Wildcat head, and a RPM/bakers hat type tailcap, with a 18350 IMR would be awesome looking.

anyway thanks

jonwkng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, Martin! As per our PM conversation... :paypal:For one MD1 body and shipping to Singapore.

Thank you!

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been thinking I need to re-try this with a Triad tailcap. I'm putting this down on my wishlist and I know from my first MD1 that Martin does amazing machining work

dabratster

Newly Enlightened
I am unexpectedly having to move my shop. It will be about June 10, 2014 (about 6 weeks) before any more orders ship.

Hope everything goes well with the move. I finally got the "green" light from the wife to purchase a MD1. I'll check back next month for an update.

Cheers!

MartinDWhite

Enlightened
Update:

The sewer line broke at my new place, that slowed things down some, and cost a lot to get fixed. Best friend from highschool died, that took some time. Divorce is a B!&@$! That took a serious amount of time to sort out (and is not sorted out yet).

Tools are all moved to new place. Wiring is all done to run them. Several feet on the lathe were broken in the move, they are now replaced. I need to level the lathe, then it will be ready to use, but my level was misplaced in the move, so I have to find it first. The Mill is set in place, but not powered. All the raw material racks are built, and most of the material is in place. All the other tools are just sitting in a stacks and piles around the garage.

This is taking longer than I thought it would, but I am almost ready to produce again. I will make every effort to ship the pending orders by the end of next week.

As always, it is your choice to wait or get a refund. I will refund any funds, if anyone is for any reason unhappy with my service or performance. Thanks to all who are waiting and being patient with this transition.