My M30 kicked the bucket- looking for new light.

AnotherA

Newly Enlightened

My Olight M30 just died on me. Multiple new batteries of different brands, tested with a voltmeter and all were good. The light on the brightest setting is only as bright as a mag light.
So i'm in the hunt for a new light. I used the M30 for navigating lakes at night while ice fishing, illuminating an area to either track or gut deer at dusk, light up my back yard when the dog goes nuts, lighting up a room during power outage, and used to identify targets when wielding a pistol.

My new light I want to either use AA or 2 CR123A batteries. The M30 took 3 CR123A's, which sucked because batteries packs come in even numbers.
Looking for something that's bright and can light stuff up at 50+yds.

1) How would you prefer to purchase the light?

I will be mail-ordering or buying online, so this doesn't matter.

2) Budget: An easy question, but you may change your mind after answering the rest! :)

____Less than $150.

3) Format:

____I want a flashlight that can also be weapon mounted

4) Flashlight-specific format/size:

____Every day carry small (2-4 inches).
____Every day carry medium (4-7 inches).

5) Emitter/Light source:

____LED (known for efficiency, longevity, and compactness)

6) Manufacturer:
Either option works.

__x__I want to buy a light from a traditional mass producing manufacturer that is ready to go out of the box.
__x__I would consider getting a light that is pieced together (for example a "host" or flashlight body from one manufacturer, and a "drop-in" emitter from another source). Under the right circumstances, this path can provide more options to the consumer to meet specific needs, and can often be easily upgradeable as technology improves.

7) What battery type do you want to use?

__x__I intend to use alkaline batteries (AAA, AA, C, D) (disclaimer, while it does not preclude all choices, these are not recommended for many of today's most powerful lights)
__x__I intend to use lithium primary batteries (CR123, CR2, Energizer Advanced/Ultimate Lithium AA/AAA)

8) How much genuine out the front (OTF) light do you want/need? Sometimes you can have too much light (trying to read up close up with a 100 lumen light is impossible).

__x__I want to walk around an unlit rural area (50-150 lumens).
__x__I want to illuminate my entire backyard or a campsite (150-300 lumens).
__x__I want to illuminate an entire field, the neighbor's front yard several houses down, impress my friends and neighbors, etc. (300-700 lumens).

9) Throw vs. Flood: At what distance will you be most likely to use this light? Select all that apply.

_x__30-50 yards/meters (I have a big backyard)
__x__50-150 yards/meters (I live in a very rural area/farm with wide open spaces)
__x__150+ yards (I want maximum throw possible)

10) Runtime: Not over-inflated manufacturer runtime claims, but usable brightness measured from first activation to 50% with new batteries (Measured on maximum output).

__x__90-120 minutes (Runtime is moderately important, but still not critical)

11) Durability/Usage: Generally the old phrase "you get what you pay for" is very accurate for flashlights.

_x___Very Important (Camping, Backpacking, Car Glove-box).

12) Switch Type and location (choose all that apply):

Open to options

13) User Interface (UI) and mode selection. Select all that apply.

I'm open to options. Would like multiple light levels

14)Material/Finish/Coating

__x__Anodized Aluminum – either type II or III (Hard Anodized) (Aluminum, specifically HA, is the most common material/finish for today's flashlights).
__x__Stainless steel (durable, but much heavier than aluminum)

Hope that helps.

yliu

Enlightened
Olight M21X for more output, or M20G2 for more throw. Both can reach 50 yards. I have used the M21X for several trips and hikes and the brightnesses are spaced nicely, and light has never failed. The strobe is quite annoying sometimes, but I mainly run the light on medium.
Just don't use the batteries that comes with it, because I had bad experiences with them.

The new Fenix TK 22 and Niteye TF25 (if you like brightness ramping) are also good options.

AnotherA

Newly Enlightened
The Fenix is just coming out and there aren't any reviews yet. And I love the variable ring on the Niteye but I don't care for the beam it has.

AnotherA

Newly Enlightened
Any input on durability, customer service and general impressions of these lights would be helpful.

Here are my general notes on each light i've been looking at. I want to run 18650's with CR123's as spares for power outage. I want a thrower with good spill, do not want a tight beamed thrower with little to no spill.
I have a Zebra H51w for close work. Looking for something that will do good navigating lakes at night while ice fishing (spotting shoreline, fish houses, holes), illuminating an area to either track or gut deer at dusk, light up my back yard when the dog goes nuts, lighting up a room during power outage, and used to identify targets when wielding a pistol.

Xeno G42 XM-L 1B U2 Cool White - 605 Lumens, regulated 18650 and cr123.
Klarus XT11 - 600 Lumens, Nice 2+hr of runtime on max mode.
ThruNite TN11S - 830 Lumens, low voltage warning light, over rated?
Sunwayman T20CS - 658 Lumens but only with 2 cr123, low voltage warning light,
Niteye TF25 - 520 Lumen, LOVE the variable ring but how durable is it? Review I saw showed it has a tight beam.

Any assistance is appreciated.