Need flashlight suggestions

sam224

Newly Enlightened
Hello everyone, very new to the forums.

So just a little background information, I am located in Melbourne, Australia and I work a lot of night shifts for a security company and I have been using a Bosch Gli18v-420b 18v LED torch and it has recently been playing up so I was thinking I might as well upgrade. I work on large construction sites so I do need to be able to see well during my patrols.
I patrol the site every 15-30 minutes and sometimes I work up to 12 hours a shift.
The key features I'm looking for are as follows:
-Long lasting, somewhat durable.
-Wide flash, adjustability is nice but not necessary.
-Bright up to 100-200 meters, more is fine.
-Chargeable and won't overheat with regular use.

UV light is a nice touch but do not need it.
I was thinking of getti thngis - AceBeam X80 25000 lumen multi-colour LED floodlight torch for $340 AU but I have concerns about its longevity, it might not last a 12 hour shift.
Obviously, I am not interested in using this thing at maximum power but at a lower setting for most of the time. My budget is $350.
Thanks for reading, any suggestions are appreciated.
Hello everyone, very new to the forums.

So just a little background information, I am located in Melbourne, Australia and I work a lot of night shifts for a security company and I have been using a Bosch Gli18v-420b 18v LED torch and it has recently been playing up so I was thinking I might as well upgrade. I work on large construction sites so I do need to be able to see well during my patrols.
I patrol the site every 15-30 minutes and sometimes I work up to 12 hours a shift.
The key features I'm looking for are as follows:
-Long lasting, somewhat durable.
-Wide flash, adjustability is nice but not necessary.
-Bright up to 100-200 meters, more is fine.
-Chargeable and won't overheat with regular use.

UV light is a nice touch but do not need it.
I was thinking of getting this - AceBeam X80 25000 lumen multi-colour LED floodlight torch for $340 AU but I have concerns about its longevity, it might not last a 12 hour shift.
Obviously, I am not interested in using this thing at maximum power but at a lower setting for most of the time. My budget is $350.
Thanks for reading, any suggestions are appreciated.

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Sam!

One of the Streamlight Stinger series of LEDs or the Maglite Mag Charger LED should do the job nicely at least out to around 100M. 200M might be a bit of a stretch, unless you have a light rated for 600+ M of throw on it's ANSI specs - you want at least 3X the ANSI throw for real world use.

Labradford

Newly Enlightened
You could buy 2 rechargeable lights for around 100 bucks each and always have one charging while you use the other one. This way, you would have full power for the entire shift.

matt4350

Enlightened
Hi Sam, you could have a look at the Olight SR52 maybe. 7.5 hours at medium, and the high setting reaches out very well with enough light in the foreground to see where you're walking. USB charging too, so you can top it up between your patrols.

XR6Toggie

Newly Enlightened
I think the easiest way to go is a Wolf Eyes Sniper or Wolf Eyes Pro Police. They have an Australian distributor, put out lots of light with easy ability to adjust and come with an Australian approved charger. Streamlight is difficult to get in Australia. The Pelican 7060 is also available on Amazon with an Australian charger (sold separately) which has respectable run times.