new and improved sam's club Element

BlackDecker

Enlightened
Wow, now that's a scathing review. I have a pair of the previous generation Sam's Elements, and have found them to be quite reliable and bright lights. The runtime hasn't been an issue, as I keep plenty of charged NiMh AAA's laying around.

They're a good light to throw in a glovebox.

Spectrum

Newly Enlightened
BlackDecker said:
Wow, now that's a scathing review. I have a pair of the previous generation Sam's Elements, and have found them to be quite reliable and bright lights. The runtime hasn't been an issue, as I keep plenty of charged NiMh AAA's laying around. They're a good light to throw in a glovebox.
Agree. Friday night, our power was out for four hours. My wife kept an Element on the entire time. It was still plenty bright. Great house lights, especially if you use rechargeables.

OpticalSerenity

Newly Enlightened
Seems like a great cheapo luxeon to have for emergencies. Yes, I'd like it if it used CR123s, but...AAA are easy to come by in those SHTF type scenarios. Its also a good gift light, its way better than a mag3d for example. My sams has a bunch of them.

onthebeam

Enlightened
Even as the star rating drops from Doug, I love my original Elements more and more! Incredibly bright and white, easy to grip and an incredible bargain at Sam's. Just the sort of light to keep stashed in the trunk or kitchen drawer.

TaskMaster

Newly Enlightened
So it seems the old or new style offer no real advantages? My Sam's has both in stock still.

onthebeam

Enlightened
TaskMaster said:
So it seems the old or new style offer no real advantages? My Sam's has both in stock still.
You might want to buy both. Sam's has a liberal return policy. . . This is the greatest light Quickbeam ever hated. I'm still amazed every time I have it on as it compares to $100 lights I own.