New Armyteks

gyzmo2002

Enlightened
Predator Pro V3 XHP35 White)on the left and the XPL-HI (White) on the right. 12 feet from the "lavander colored" wall.

Edit: White color led.

Last edited:

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
thank you very much for that gyzmo! Is that the "white light" PP XHP35 HI? Andrew and Amanda list a 5500k "white light" version and a 5500K "warm light" version which has just left me confused. If that is the "white light" version I am sold. I just got the "warm light" XHP35 HI DP and boy is it a blaster but I wonder what the difference in the XHP35 HI LED emitters themselves the regular "white light" XHP35 HI emitter which is what I thought was in my ZL SC600 MkIII XHP35 HI and the "warm light" emitter in my new XHP35 HI DP.

gyzmo2002

Enlightened
Dobermann Pro V3 XP-L HI (White) on the left. The XHP35 (White) on the right.

Tighter hotspot for the DP HI (White)
Tighter hotspot for the PP XHP35 (White) (photo above)

Edit: White colored

Last edited:

gyzmo2002

Enlightened
thank you very much for that gyzmo! Is that the "white light" PP XHP35 HI? Andrew and Amanda list a 5500k "white light" version and a 5500K "warm light" version which has just left me confused. If that is the "white light" version I am sold. I just got the "warm light" XHP35 HI DP and boy is it a blaster but I wonder what the difference in the XHP35 HI LED emitters themselves the regular "white light" XHP35 HI emitter which is what I thought was in my ZL SC600 MkIII XHP35 HI and the "warm light" emitter in my new XHP35 HI DP.

Hi CC,
All my lights are WHITE but the PP XHP is warmer than the PP HI (3twist UI). About the same tint as my DP HI.(5 twist UI.) I have added the color[emoji106] in my previous posts.

Weird thing for these 2 XHP35. Two different tints.

As you remember, my PP and BP HI are cooler than my DP HI.

DP-PP-BP v3 XPL-HI white

Last edited:

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks guys! Gonna order up the "white light" PP. I wonder what Cree does to the XHP35 HI emitter to make it the "warm light" version? The "white light" tint looks like the awesome tint out of my ZL SC600 MkIII HI which is what I am after. Gotta say that man, my new "warm white" XHP35 HI DP is so bright on max output I dont see myself using it that much. I really like the beam profile of the PP though. I knew the XHP35 HI DP was going to have a bigger hot spot as the XHP35 HI emitter is much larger than the XP-L HI emitter...should have the XHP35 HI PP on Wednesday...

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
According to a PP XHP35 HI CW review on Taschenlampen Forum, regulation for Turbo 1 appears non-existent. The plot looks more like direct drive, nose-diving soon after switch on. No signs of temperature regulation. High draw cell makes no difference. Just could not convince my self to even try the new PP and Viking Pro with XHP 50, so doubtful of the actual performance of their drivers, despite AA's 30% discount.

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
And I'm usually suspicious of the batch of new models AA gets so early on, before the lights are even advertised on AT's own site. Always feel like AA is AT's guinea pig.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just ordered a "white light" XHP35 HI PP V3 from AA for a stellar price. Should have it Thursday. AA has been very easy to work with when it comes to Armyteks. I bought the XP-L HI Barracuda from them and sent it right back as the beam profile was ringy and had more artifacts than the Smithsonian. They gave me no hassle at all when I requested an RMA. Will post my experience with the inbound XHP35 PP when I get it...

Chozzehnwahn

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone measured amperage at the tailcap? I'd like to know how much more juice these new
Xhp35-hi lights are drawing from the battery. My doberman pro required 3.4 amps on turbo

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
we are now stepping into the XHP realm folks. Like the ZL SC600MkIII HI in order to get advertised specs these new XHP AT's require un protected 18650's that are high amp cells. Looking at the manual for my new "warm white" XHP35 HI DP the manual states that the light needs an unprotected 18650 capable of delivering a stable 7 amp current for stable work. No problem. Bought a bunch of un protected flat top GA 3500mah 10 amp cells off the ZL site when I got my SC600 MkIII HI. The DP "warm white" XHP35 HI with the GA in it is a photon blaster it makes my "warm white" XP-L HI DP look dim.

I also just got the "white light" XHP35 HI PP and the manual for this light also states that the light needs an un protected 18650 capable of delivering 7 amps for stable work. This new "white light" XHP35 HI PP leans pretty neutral which I like. It leans in the direction of the glorious almost golden like tint of my SC600 MkIII HI NW. I now have the "warm white" XHP35 HI PP on the way should have it Monday or Tuesday. I also have new VTC6 3000mah cells on hand to try out and new 30Q's. So far all three cell types to my eyes give the same output. The GA of course has the longest run times.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
wow Gyzmo how is that Wizard Pro working out for you? I cannot imagine having a head lamp that is that high output. I imagine it would get incredibly hot and almost burn you? Also I imagine that that high output would be like putting a light "wall" in front of you for example I imagine it being so damn bright that you cannot see past its range?

gyzmo2002

Enlightened
I like it so much that I have 2 of this Wizard XHP and 2 XPL (that I have bought at low cost). When I need power for a short time, it is the light. It is like having 500hp in your car; you don't have to use it at full throttle all the time but when you need it, you have it.

The headlamp become very hot if you use it at the max output. The temp regulation is not "agressive" and it is what I like. I think, for this UI, that they wanted to push this light at maximum for the longest period of time even if it becomes very hot without damaging the led. There is a good rubber padding to protect your head of burn lolll.

Last edited:

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
very interesting Gyzmo! As an experiment I just ordered 2 4.35v unprotected 3100mah cells from Orbtronic to see how they do in my XHP AT's. Will have the "warm white" XHP PP tomorrow

oeL

Newly Enlightened
very interesting Gyzmo! As an experiment I just ordered 2 4.35v unprotected 3100mah cells from Orbtronic to see how they do in my XHP AT's. Will have the "warm white" XHP PP tomorrow

I think the Sony Konyon VCT6 beats them all, including 4.35V ones. Here at 2A:

http://www.dampfakkus.de/akkuvergleich.php?akku1=645&akku2=609&akku3=483&akku4=510&akku5=0&akku6=0

And here at 5A, without the 4,35V ones (not tested from the guys, maybe out of spec):

http://www.dampfakkus.de/akkuvergle...2=609&akku3=483&akku4=510&akku5=0&akku6=0&a=5

oeL

Newly Enlightened
Not thermal stepdown. Mine got less bright as the battery voltage dropped and I'm referring to over time, not within the same instance(s) of usage. The xhp35 requires huge amounts of amperage relative to IMR18650 in order to boost to 12v which is very much different from any of the previous LED's Armytek has used in these lights. I suspect they "opted" to leave the rhetoric the same despite the diminished performance along this parameter. Either that or my driver was actually faulty to begin with as the light did fail after three weeks.

This issue exists already in the PP v3 XP-L High Intensity "limited ed", so it's not the 12V but the new driver. Read the manual - turbo1 and turbo2.

I really completely missed this fact and recognized it when running a XPH35 Barracuda on one cell.

Made some tests with different cells and charging levels (checked remaining capacity on my xtar charger).

Cell --- remaining capacity --- brightness (in % of max brightness with 2 cells)
2 x NCR18650GA protected --- 100% --- 100%
Sony Konyon VCT6 --- 100% --- 100%
Panasonic NCR18650GA --- 100% --- 94%
Panasonic NCR18650B --- 50% --- 90%
Panasonic NCR18650B --- 25% --- 75%
Panasonic NCR18650B --- 15% --- 68%

After all, not so bad. But no idea how it will be on the PP XPH35.
With the VCT6 it should be much much better. It's 0.15 - 0.2V over the NCR18650B at 5A.

Will repeat the tests with the Barracuda XPH35 soon.
A perfect test would be voltage vs brightness (lux). Hm... need to unscrew the tube, then a wire to the contact spring in the head... hm... :-(

Last edited: