New Inova X2

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
AA powered huh...these might make unbreakable loaner lights:D

Still nothing in our target :shakehead:

Seems Inova is converting/updating most of its lights, both in packaging (lumens instead of "Wattage") as well as reflector design.

The newest X series I've seen have very polished OP reflectors with a K2/KFFC LED. The packaging will list lumen output, NOT wattage.

The Bolt series seems unchanged.

At my local target, they have had the new XO3 and XO2 for a few months, but no X2's.

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw a X5 today in Target with the new style packaging. They had an old one there and the newer one was brighter. I should have bought it, but am just not in the mood for another CR123 light right now.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw a X5 today in Target with the new style packaging. They had an old one there and the newer one was brighter. I should have bought it, but am just not in the mood for another CR123 light right now.

It's good to know they are using a new package, does the package state the lumens of the X5 as well?

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
My new XO didn't list lumens. It still says 4.8 watts. It is definitely the new one with a textured reflector. New X1 still said 2.0 watts on the packaging. The lumen rating so far only seems to apply to the new X2 from what I have heard. However, from another post on CPF Marketplace, I remember the new XO3 being 135 lumens, the new 2 123A bolt being 125 lumens, and the new T1 being 110 lumens. Look for textured reflectors to locate the new lights. On many of them, that is the only diference from the older stock.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
My new XO didn't list lumens. It still says 4.8 watts. It is definitely the new one with a textured reflector. New X1 still said 2.0 watts on the packaging. The lumen rating so far only seems to apply to the new X2 from what I have heard. However, from another post on CPF Marketplace, I remember the new XO3 being 135 lumens, the new 2 123A bolt being 125 lumens, and the new T1 being 110 lumens. Look for textured reflectors to locate the new lights. On many of them, that is the only diference from the older stock.

They may be still using old packaging on new lights, since the X2 is new, that's of no concern.

Alan_L

Newly Enlightened
I went to Target today to see if they had an X2. No X2's in stock, but the X1's now have a new packaging. The new packaging is flat carboard surrounding the flashlight, which is sealed in a small blister pack, very similar to the pictures flashlite posted above for the X2. But now the X1 says 25 lumens on the package if I recall correctly.

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw the new X1 with shiny orange peel reflector at the local Target, but not the X2 yet.
Flashlite, Target has a good return policy so you can return open items easily. Go ahead and bust that boy open and see how it runs!

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just realized, this new X2 is probably the only American made 2aa light with a "deadman's switch" (momentary twist). The only other light I can think of with this is the Nuwai/Rayovac Sportsman 2AA. This is pretty significant if you ask me.

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the Bolt 2AA qualifies as well.
I just realized, this new X2 is probably the only American made 2aa light with a "deadman's switch" (momentary twist). The only other light I can think of with this is the Nuwai/Rayovac Sportsman 2AA. This is pretty significant if you ask me.

flashlite

Enlightened
I went to a different Target yesterday and they too had the X2. I really went there to see if any of the other Inova lights had the same LED in them. I didn't see the newer packaging or the OP reflector on any of the other models but none of them had an LED that looked like the one in the X2. I'd really like to know what's being used in there because if it's anything other than a Cree, I'm probably not interested. I emailed Inova but they said it was proprietary info. and they couldn't tell me which LED they were using. Strange since many other manufacturers advertise this info. right on the packaging. They did confirm for me that they hope to get the titanium colored X2's out before the end of the year. So far, I've only seen black in both stores.

flashlite

Enlightened
I'm going to try to explain what the X2 LED looks like in case anyone has any ideas. My camera won't take close-up pictures very well so I'll try my best to explain it.

The yellow phosphor material looks like it was dabbed on there with a tiny eye dropper or a toothpick or something. It's sort of in the shape of the yolk on a fried egg but it's not perfectly rounded. It definitely doesn't look painted on there like some other LED's. The yellow material also looks cloudy....not clear or solid. I couldn't see through it to see if there was some sort of grid pattern underneath like you can sometimes see on other LED's. This yellow material sits on a small piece of square, silver material that didn't extend out much further than the yellow material. The two very thin gold colored wires coming from the yellow material are fairly close together and are in parallel but at an angle to the square material - extending almost off to one of the corners but not quite. There is some sort of glue-like material around the edges of the square, possibly holding the square onto whatever it's all mounted on. This is all covered by the perfectly clear "dome" that you typically see.

That's my very rudimentary explanation of what it looks like to me. Any ideas on what it is?

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm going to try to explain what the X2 LED looks like in case anyone has any ideas. My camera won't take close-up pictures very well so I'll try my best to explain it.

The yellow phosphor material looks like it was dabbed on there with a tiny eye dropper or a toothpick or something. It's sort of in the shape of the yolk on a fried egg but it's not perfectly rounded. It definitely doesn't look painted on there like some other LED's. The yellow material also looks cloudy....not clear or solid. I couldn't see through it to see if there was some sort of grid pattern underneath like you can sometimes see on other LED's. This yellow material sits on a small piece of square, silver material that didn't extend out much further than the yellow material. The two very thin gold colored wires coming from the yellow material are fairly close together and are in parallel but at an angle to the square material - extending almost off to one of the corners but not quite. There is some sort of glue-like material around the edges of the square, possibly holding the square onto whatever it's all mounted on. This is all covered by the perfectly clear "dome" that you typically see.

That's my very rudimentary explanation of what it looks like to me. Any ideas on what it is?

Sounds like a Rebel: http://www.philipslumileds.com/products/show.cfm?imgId=38