*new* Olight S10R, S15R and S20R

Randomdude

Newly Enlightened
Is it normal that my S10R starts blinking in a slowly speeding up pattern after it's been on in high mode for a while or should I send it in for repair/replacement? I just got it in the mail yesterday and I wouldn't be happy about sending it back and waiting again. :ironic:

Anybodysguess

Newly Enlightened
I'm having to send my S10R back, it just quit working. I'm going to get a refund, I really wanted this light, but there are too many failures on here.

roadrave

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone else have any concerns about the tail cap having the positive and negative paths exposed? Could this not cause a serious short circuit, say if you were carrying it in the same pocket alongside a bunch of keys? Or is it just me?

Anybodysguess

Newly Enlightened
So what do you guys think? Is this thread just a case of satisfied customers not posting, and unsatisfied customers are posting? Even so, the S10R seems far less reliable than the standard S10. I really would love to have this light, I looked long and hard, and to me this was the perfect edc light. I either wanted, recharge in light, or AA alkaline. And I loved that it was shorter than any 1AA light, and almost as thin.

I may get a zebralight, but I heard their quality is going down....

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone else have any concerns about the tail cap having the positive and negative paths exposed? Could this not cause a serious short circuit, say if you were carrying it in the same pocket alongside a bunch of keys? Or is it just me?

I checked and there's no voltage across the external contacts which also explains why the light is rated IPX-7

Tapis

Enlightened
I may get a zebralight, but I heard their quality is going down....
Sadly, the vast majority of people are demanding cheap (and don't mind disposable) over quality lights. I bought my first Zebralight (SC62w) a month ago. It's a great light, but one can feel that it could definitively have been built better. Now I want an Armytek to compare, I have heard that the quality of their flashlights is top.

DesertFox

Newly Enlightened
Got my S10R about a week ago. No problems at all. I have only carried it a couple of days. So far it is as reliable as the regular S10 it will replace.

Anybodysguess

Newly Enlightened
Got my S10R about a week ago. No problems at all. I have only carried it a couple of days. So far it is as reliable as the regular S10 it will replace.
Hope it works great for you. I think adding the timed stepdown, the battery led, and the charging must have called for a new driver circuit board, and maybe it has some weak point or flaws not in the standard S10, or maybe I just got a dud, but I just don't want to deal with it, I'm going to give it a rest and check back later to see if olight says anything about it.

andrewnewman

Enlightened
Well. I've got one due in mid December from BatteryJunction. The design is good enough for me to take a chance that by then Olight will have the kinks worked out. BatteryJunction has always been good with returns, they are local and this isn't a gift (well... it's a gift to me...)

When it comes I'll post my experiences with both the charging circuit and the low battery warning light.

justin3

Newly Enlightened
So I returned my first busted s20r to amazon, and ordered one from going gear during their 15% off sale. Going gear delivered promptly as usual. I received it about 10 days ago, and it took edc pocket duty. After 10 days of minimal light use, it appears that the switch/circuitry has failed. It doesn't turn on. It will occasionally flicker for a millisecond with a press of the switch.

The bad thing is that I love the light otherwise. Features and form factor are pretty much perfect, and exactly what I've wanted to see in a light for a long time. Based on this, I may give olight one more shot. But my confidence in the brand is pretty much down to 0.

Anybodysguess

Newly Enlightened
It seems the whole new R series has some bugs to be worked out. But I would like to give another shot later, as this fits my EDC perfectly.

jeff400650

Newly Enlightened
I got one with the erratic, blinking charger. I emailed Olight directly and they sent me a new charger right away. It's been working fine for a few weeks now. I also got the M2X-UT and it was faulty... flickering low level. I sent that back to Andrew & Amanda and they are sending me a new one that they tested first. I hope the products hold up well going forward. I have S10 L-2 that has been great since I bought it several months ago.

curlysir

Newly Enlightened
Received my S20R today and so far I am very pleased with it. It is slightly longer then the Zebralight SC600w II L2 and smaller in diameter. It feels very good in my hand and may very well become my go to light for normal everyday activities when I don't need a 1000 lumen. It comes with a 2600mAh hour battery which I switched out with a 3400mAh Olight I had. So far the charger works fine, appears to max out around .5 amps. I really like the method of charging for this light compared to the Fenix UC35. The only negative so far is that it does not come with a case/holster. I have a S30R on the way, and I am anxious to compare it to the S20R and UC35.

NorthernStar

Enlightened
Now i have received the S10R and the S20R, and i can confirm that the issues with the charging docks is not completely solved. On the S20R light the charging dock worked fine, but not on the S10R. I´ve contacted the seller and he is sending a replacement charging dock that i hope will work. Some of the chargers must have been from an old batch, even though he promised that the charging docks would be of a functional batch.

I now have placed an order on a S30R(from another seller) that i think i will receive just in time before Christmas. I am looking forward to receive this light that appears to be a pocket rocket! :)