New Olights

NorthernStar

Enlightened
Olight just mentioned they are busy writing text about a light, that isn't in the 2014 catalog.

Sounds interesting!:)
Can you please give a link to where that is mentioned? I´ve missed that part.:thinking:

kj2

Flashaholic
Product teaser from Olight. Posted on their Instagram account.

jfxkls.png

NorthernStar

Enlightened
It´s hard to tell the dimensions of this light,but by judging from the picture the light looks exactly like a S20-L2?:thinking:

NorthernStar

Enlightened
Had the same thought :laughing: Let's see what it will be...

This is exiting! One can not tell from the picture if it has a sideswitch or a tailswitch or other details,but a guess is that it could be a big brother to the S20-L2. Basically the same light but with a larger head/reflector and increased output?

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
i was just thinking, we need another xm l light. brill. :sleepy:

NorthernStar

Enlightened
The R40 looks like a great light!:) I look forward to read a review about it!

However, the R40 is in the Olight 2014 catalog, so it can not be the new product that Olight is saying they are writing specs and bullet points for.

At Olights Facebook site, someone guessed that the new product could be a charger and cells, which Olight denied but said that was a solid guess. I interprets that answer to that the new product maybe is not a flashlight after all?:thinking:

ven

Flashaholic
Looks a great light,thanks for posting,its well priced imho too

Just a shame you have to spend another $15 on the cell..........

Personally i would prefer the package,as in just the one price all in as you need that cell anyway,seems a bit pointless unless i am missing something and the cells are used in existing olight flashlights..........

Other than that:twothumbs

MBentz

Enlightened
Looks a great light,thanks for posting,its well priced imho too

Just a shame you have to spend another $15 on the cell..........

Personally i would prefer the package,as in just the one price all in as you need that cell anyway,seems a bit pointless unless i am missing something and the cells are used in existing olight flashlights..........

Other than that:twothumbs

So you have a problem with almost every flashlight sold? Or is it because the 26650 isn't as widely used? Or is your point flying completely over my head?

kj2

Flashaholic
juda3abu.jpg

Olight just posted this on FB.

" Olight is proud to announce the ST25 Baton- the next evolution of our extremely popular and versatile S Series. This light introduces the Stealth tailcap for on/off switching without the loud click of traditional tailcaps. A large, smooth section of the body also allows for a quick release and return to the multi-positional pocket clip. Powered by 2 AAs, this light will be available from select dealers in April."

Ryp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks interesting, not a huge fan of the design though. I prefer the look of the S15 with an extender.

ven

Flashaholic
So you have a problem with almost every flashlight sold? Or is it because the 26650 isn't as widely used? Or is your point flying completely over my head?

I have 3x 26650 cells,you need the special olight 26650 cell for the light to charge the 26650 cell in house,so yes i have a small gripe with this light.
Having to buy the cell separate for a start instead of a package deal sort of annoys me a little.........just me thats all.

The idea was a truck light,charge it via usb so all contained and no need to remove cell etc.Just its more the principle,its £52 which is around $80,but then another $15 on the cell............maybe i am just being finicky :laughing: i know $15 is not end of the world........

Since then i have found you can use standard 26650 cells of which i have 2 mnke spare IMR 26650s(use my kinoko in my x3vn for 9.6A).

So no biggie tbh,just me being fussy:thumbsup: but using my spare cells wont allow me to charge in light..........

So jury still out yet

NorthernStar

Enlightened
KJ2, thank´s for the picture! :)

Looks like a good light, but i let it pass. I still find my both S20 lights unsurpassed in the S Series. The stealth tailcap design sounds interesting though.

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
ill take a st25 !
stealth tailcap ? would that be magnetic like a scorpion ? or some sort of piston ?

kj2

Flashaholic
Just seeing at HKe, that the Olight SR51 got a update to XM-L2.
High Mode: 1080 Lumens / 110mins
Low Mode: 250 Lumens / 10hrs
Strobe: 1080 Lumens / 10 Hz / 3hrs
Max 1080lumens (OTF), 750meters long throw