*New* Surefire Sidekick 300 lumen Keychain Light

Prepped

Enlightened
Assuming that's a 9mm split ring, I'm calculating the dimensions to be about 47-48mm in length, and 26mm in width at it's widest point.

scout24

Flashaholic
Looks sweet! I'm guessing L-M-H, and hoping for mode memory. I like the micro USB. SF's warranty should make replacement battery availability much more certain down the road. I'm in for a couple I'm sure.

nbp

Flashaholic
FTFY. This is Surefire we are talking about. Can't have cheap flashlights floating around. In other news, I bought 10 Chinese button cell lights for $5. This has definitely piqued my interest though.

The Titan Plus is nickel coated machined brass and comes with an pocket clip, a quick disconnect, and a Eneloop and is available for less than $100. I don't see how this light could possibly cost more than that. Assuming it is molded polymer it should be cost effective to make. I still think $50 should be the tippy top end. I'm probably in for one no matter what and if it hangs around $30 I'd get a couple.

nimdabew

Enlightened
The Titan Plus is nickel coated machined brass and comes with an pocket clip, a quick disconnect, and a Eneloop and is available for less than $100. I don't see how this light could possibly cost more than that. Assuming it is molded polymer it should be cost effective to make. I still think $50 should be the tippy top end. I'm probably in for one no matter what and if it hangs around $30 I'd get a couple.

I hope you are right. The SF 2211 is injection molded plastic, micro USB rechargable, touch button, and has a nylon wrist band and was originally ~$400 and the 2211x is $150 street price. Surefire has a following and I am sure that they will charge a premium on a new product.

nbp

Flashaholic
I hope you are right. The SF 2211 is injection molded plastic, micro USB rechargable, touch button, and has a nylon wrist band and was originally ~$400 and the 2211x is $150 street price. Surefire has a following and I am sure that they will charge a premium on a new product.

Touche! Hahaha. Well, it *shouldn't* cost an unreasonable amount...

I thought of the Tube also, which I really like. A premium quality Tube would blow my skirt up. ;) It must use a power LED; no 5mm in existence is doing 300 lms..

archimedes

Flashaholic
....It must use a power LED; no 5mm in existence is doing 300 lms..

Yes, another flashlight in this niche would be the @sunny_nites Micro ATL G5 eX, which is planning to use an XP-G2 (NW/4000K) and produce ~ 190 lm ... and be available in copper :)

ganymede

Enlightened
I'll go with $30 and April '16.

Man, I'd like to know more, these look cool.

Hear hear! $30 is a great price! :twothumbs

Looking at the RRP of the current Titans, $30 for this keychain light is plausible.

I will have a bunch of this! :twothumbs