*new* Thrunite TN36

pinhead

Newly Enlightened
Re: *new* Thrunite TN36 - mini TN30

IMHO the TN36 is a somewhat brighter copy of Nova MM15, nothing more or less.

Jason_Tx

Newly Enlightened

The Niwalker looks 100X better in the .gif presented on page one. It doesn't have that blue tint that kills my eyes.

Neilbenecke

Newly Enlightened

Neither does the TN36.[/QUOTE

I have the mm15vn fiat lux and it's a killer I wonder if Vinh would work some voodoo on the thrunite, and if so what would be the results because the mm15 I have is ungodly bright and brilliant for what I need for as a flooder, the brighter the better in fact
But really curious what the vn version would be. Forgive me if I am wrong but I speculate the stock thrunite is not like mm 15vn fiat lux.
I would be interested in vinh's option on this one and if vihn would be in modding it.

Sent from my iPad using Candlepowerforum

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast

So many new high performance lights at once!

I was getting ready to order a SR Mini and a MM15, but now I changed my mind: It will be the MM06 and TN36. I anxiously awaiting full reviews from the usual reviewers, who do great work.

pinhead

Newly Enlightened

The Niwalker looks 100X better in the .gif presented on page one. It doesn't have that blue tint that kills my eyes.

And I thought I am the only one who noticed this...thanks for confirmation. :)

Ryp

Flashlight Enthusiast

Now on ThruNite's website: http://www.thrunite.com/thrunite-tn36/

nOZhfID.png

6510 LUMENS

Last edited:

kj2

Flashaholic

Just looked the at website. Don't really have the cash to mess around, but this really stands on #1 on my to-buy list :D

Fugu75

Newly Enlightened

Just looked the at website. Don't really have the cash to mess around, but this really stands on #1 on my to-buy list :D

Same here. Honestly, I can´t afford to buy this. Then again.. I can´t afford losing sleep either, wondering what would that look like in my B&W case type 48 placed between TN32t and TK75........

pinhead

Newly Enlightened

Has the TN36 been released now? I am waiting for long time experience reports for this flashlight and would not rely on a prototype review.

diablo266

Newly Enlightened

Anyone know when the neutral version of this will be released? I'm very much on the fence between this and the MM15, i prefer a neutral LED and am glad manufacturers are offering them!

Glenn7

Flashlight Enthusiast

The Eagletac SX25L3 is 45mm in diameter because it uses 3x 18650 (which I think is better than 4x 18650 for ergonomics alone) even tho I have very big hands I find it a bit awkward to use/hold for long periods because it's a heavy round tube weighing about half a kilo with batteries and if you relax your grip it can fall out of your hand (especially with gloves). So 64mm for the TN36 is getting a bit big without a handle IMO and with batteries will weigh 600 grams. The MM15 with handle would be better or better still the MM18 :naughty:

I don't know why all these new lights are coming out with 4x 18650 it's like carrying a brick in your pocket or on the side of you, I guess its a manufacturer race for a niche market to claim smallest brightest light - and for all their little size there still isn't enough metal to cool them from all that output so they have to have step down after a very short time to save the led's then other than a longer run time you only get short burst's of high (you might as well have a smaller light that puts out the same-ish lumen's on high without stepping down) suppose that's a legacy for that small size.

The sad thing with these lights is that because they are so small they are all flooders and to the average Joe with an untrained/educated eye a $20 zoomie (aspheric thrower) out throws it and bang goes the street cred - also any 30mm + reflectored single XM-L light equals or kicks it's butt for throw - again just from my experience the dark of night really sucks up all that flood so easily a 4000 lumen flooder looks more like 1500-2000 in output .

I know all this is just my opinion. I suppose my taste has changed over the years, and I do like having and owning bragging rights lights (I've had the TM11 and just about most configurations out there) but in reality 9 times out of 10 I grab a smaller light to use for work as they really are a work tool.

Last edited: