Nitecore Gold Dragon plus?

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmm, it's hard to tell if the Osram has a brighter hotspot since they're both a bit overexposed but the spill on the Osram looks dimmer. Do we give up spill to kill the rings? Looks pretty smooth tho, can't wait for some reviews now.............
Yes the spill on the GDP+ looks noticeably dimmer than the Q5. I prefer brighter spill so I think I'm happier with the Q5. The Cree rings honestly have never bothered me, even when whitewall hunting. In actual use it's of very little effect.

However, I must admit I'm still very intrigued by the GDP+ LED, simply because all my lights are Crees or Luxeons.

I might have to order one just to find out what it's all about. This means gifting some of my D10s to family / friends.

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh hell, placed pre-order, I'll paint the name black or something.
LOL that's the spirit.

Promise when you get the light to post beamshots!

By the way, isn't the name "Golden Dragon Plus" such a cool name too? Much more inspiring than the mundane Q5. :naughty:

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks orcinus, :) I guess I'll just have to live with it.

These Gold Dragon Plus LEDs with their low Vf would be great in the LOD-CE or some type of NiteCore AAA light.

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
We're buddies right? :D
LOL sure. :devil:

Anyone also notice the clips that 4sevens will be selling, for around $5 shipped? :party:

355775729_afwFn-L.jpg

Let's see, 4th GDP+ D10, 4 clips, CPF8 discount = :poof:

Going to be sweet!! :popcorn:

jbviau

Enlightened
Yes, I was happy to see how affordable the clips are going to be. A nice surprise.

chibato

Newly Enlightened
4-7's response in this thread shows he has a true understanding of customer service and implements it in every aspect of his business .

Customers will always make demands of those they are giving their hard earned money to and have a "right" to do so.

4-7's replies to all "inquiries" as a true gentleman who definitley respects his customer base and values them for who they are.:twothumbs

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: to 4-7s.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
These Gold Dragon Plus LEDs with their low Vf would be great in the LOD-CE or some type of NiteCore AAA light.

:thumbsup: Great thought.

I wish I would have known about the clip...looks nice. Guess I could order one at anytime. The GDP beam looks very smooth...nice! :clap::clap:

Edit: The spill looks a bit wider?

Last edited:

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL that's the spirit.

Promise when you get the light to post beamshots!

By the way, isn't the name "Golden Dragon Plus" such a cool name too? Much more inspiring than the mundane Q5. :naughty:

Ha, the novel led is part of the reason I got it, don't have anything using it.

Although it makes an interesting response when people ask you what you got in your pants pocket. :whistle:

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
gratewhitehuntr, if you want, contact darkzero for an emitter swap.
He should be able to give you the tint you want and maybe in an R2 package..

Oh and by the looks of things it seems some are gonna pull out there hair when the EX20 gets announced!

Latest posts