Nitecore Gold Dragon plus?

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
The man is busy running a business. This is our speculation. We have no choice but to wait for information. We are in no position to demand like this. :sssh:

Sorry. I thought he was in the business of selling flashlights.:oops:

superflytnt

Enlightened
Would you want them to withhold that improvement so we can feel better about our selves? I'd want new innovations to come out as soon as possible, than hurt ourselves by denying us access to new technology just to make us feel better.
quote]

Nope, but the Osram is hardly an innovation and, like I said, was used in the lights that were the inspiration for the SPD's (not to mention the RA Twisty), it's just something different that folks will want.

My last post about this, my apologies to the rest of ya'.................

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting. I have the CostCo version of these lights, and honestly I think the praise is a bit over the top. Color rendition like the sun? Not really.

I would be shocked if they are a vast improvement over the crees. But then again, I would enjoy being proven wrong.

I'm sure the Golden Dragon will be better, but to heap such praise on these new LEDs as if they're the next coming of Jesus is a bit over the top, imho.

Beamshots, we need beamshots.

But who's to say the lottery doesn't apply to these? I stand by my words. Red is red, green is green and blue is blue like they would be in daylight. Warm CFL's and incans makes the blues in my house darker and appear pretty yellow by comparison to the GD, my L2T is so so with red and has a slight aqua tint compared to the GD

There's obviously a reason they're putting the new GD in this light and I'll bet it's for it's high CRI.

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry. I thought he was in the business of selling flashlights.:oops:
Of course he is, and he's not in the business of answering demands on chat forums. What were you thinking his responsibility was?

Should he answer every demand for information on this and other sites? Is that a better way to run a business?

Us demanding information and also chastizing him publicly like this is not going to help the relationship.

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nope, but the Osram is hardly an innovation and, like I said, was used in the lights that were the inspiration for the SPD's (not to mention the RA Twisty), it's just something different that folks will want.

My last post about this, my apologies to the rest of ya'.................
No apology needed, this is an open forum and we should have discussions about this.

I just think that when it comes to accusations of unethical seller practices we need to be very careful. 4sevens is one of the top vendors in this forum, and we need to reciprocate the great things he's done for us than denigrate him like this.

Accusations like this, and how 4sevens was treated after he tried to share some R&D information with us back in July, will guarantee that he will share no information with us. It really hurts those of us who are looking to get insight, heads up info on future product developments, etc from him. I'd rather this be a free 2 way communication, than to have the manufacturers and sellers act like they're protecting spy secrets and shut us of all information altogether.

To me the way he was treated in July when he tried to share information with us, and now, is very childish and will hurt us as consumers.

Last edited:

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
But who's to say the lottery doesn't apply to these? I stand by my words. Red is red, green is green and blue is blue like they would be in daylight. Warm CFL's and incans makes the blues in my house darker and appear pretty yellow by comparison to the GD, my L2T is so so with red and has a slight aqua tint compared to the GD

There's obviously a reason they're putting the new GD in this light and I'll bet it's for it's high CRI.
Like I said I would love to be proven wrong. I will very much look forward to beamshots, but my expectations based upon my own experience will be tempered.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is the light I spoke of earlier in this post. I've gone around comparing it to every light in my house and NOTHING beats its color rendition,

I have a pair of those myself. You are right, the color rendering is very good. I just compared it to some of my Cree's, and it looks much better.

The Osram maybe slightly behind a Q5/R2, but the gains in CRI maybe worth the switch. Since it isn't a Cree, maybe it will produce a cleaner beam in the EX10/D10 (no rings). We'll see.

gratewhitehuntr

Enlightened
actually I'm slightly put off

not sure how to describe it exactly but....

I mean, it's nice to have an excuse to buy another light but...

of course the D10 is super

maybe I should have looked harder?

I'm calling this a draw

kinda sucks that there might be something better (yes I call nice color better)

how damn new does my poop have to be to still be freakin new ?? :scowl:

know what I mean? :confused:

I'm just saying :broke:

Enzo Morocioli

Enlightened

The CRI of the available versions of the Golden Dragon Plus is 80.
CREE claims their CRI of the XR-E to be 75-80.

I think the most distinct change will be the beam profile/pattern, and perhaps efficiency.

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
It seems some would be happier if there were less choices. Just stick with one option and be done with it.

Kill the innovation / research, and options to buyers.

Act more like SureFire, with very slow and long product introductions / offerings.

I don't know, I figure more options is better, and more innovation is better? But what do I know, I only have 3 D10s. I guess I should be very pissed off at 4sevens and Nitecore right now. :shrug:

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm excited to see more LED options availabe with the Nitecore's. If you don't like buying a light that will be upgraded in a matter of weeks, months, etc, go buy Surefire, or Maglite. You'll be waiting a long time before something new comes along.

For those who don't mind buying a light, only to have something else come along a few weeks later, giving us to try the latest and greatest in LED tech, buy Nitecore. :)

For the price of 1 SF, I could have a Nitecore EX-10 with a Cree, and one with an OSRAM GD Plus.

After comparing my OSRAM GD's in my Sylvania lights I'm really interested in picking up an EX-10 with the GD Plus.

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm glad you agree with me, WadeF. I'm surprised to see some of the responses on here, honestly.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, called the Fenix store to get the scoop. Generally, same brightness and run time...tint is same...but...it has a little smoother beam. I ordered one. But for those who already have one...no reason to feel bad...no big must have improvment...but never the less...I`ll be rocking with my D10 smoooooth beam soon:party::party::party::party: :nana::nana::nana::nana::wave::wave::wave::welcome::welcome::welcome:

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, called the Fenix store to get the scoop. Generally, same brightness and run time...tint is same...but...it has a little smoother beam. I ordered one. But for those who already have one...no reason to feel bad...no big must have improvment...but never the less...I`ll be rocking with my D10 smoooooth beam soon:party::party::party::party: :nana::nana::nana::nana::wave::wave::wave::welcome::welcome::welcome:
Thanks for the info. Will look forward to beamshots.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm glad you agree with me, WadeF. I'm surprised to see some of the responses on here, honestly.

Yeah I'm kinda baffled myself. Guys on here are always saying how manufacturers should change and or improve this and that on lights and when they do we get responses like some of these. I'd love to see a comparison between a good tinted GD and the infamous warm TFFC K2.

gratewhitehuntr

Enlightened

I'm calling this a draw

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm calling this a draw

LOL...please don`t post about your tired old D10 :shakehead:shakehead:shakehead...this thread is about the hot new smoooooth beam D10 :nana::nana::nana: :crackup::crackup::crackup:

Edit: if you really feel it`s that important to have the latest...greatest....gift you old one to someone...for thier birthday or something. That`s what I do....Mmm...I have a birthday coming up...just a thought:sssh::D:kiss:

Last edited:

p1fiend

Newly Enlightened
To me the way he was treated in July when he tried to share information with us, and now, is very childish and will hurt us as consumers.

I used to frequent this board a lot more, but over the past few months haven't had the chance to really read that much. That being the case, I do not know what happened to and how 4sevens was treated in July.

I do know, however, that I am in the market for a new light after losing my P2D Q5 :)(, but I quess it was my fault :mad: - though that is another story).

That being the case, I figured I would stick with the quality service 4sevens has provided throughout my buying experiences of a P1, L2T, LOD-CEs, P2D Q5 and Eo1. Yesterday I was about to pull the trigger on a EX10, but then I see the pre-order for the Osram Golden dragon LED light.

So I come here expecting huge discussion and stats on the advantages of the dragon, especially from the man himself. And I see nothing.

As a consumer, I'd like to know I made an educated purchase, so I'd love to hear a little about this new LED from 4sevens. You would think along with placing a new item on a webstore for purchase there would be a little information to boot about it too?

Now I'll be patient and wait for a little more information before deciding, but I think a lot of people here are anxious to know what the benefits of this golden dragon are (and not just rumors). I think this could have been handled better by an announcement from 7777, then the ability to preorder it.

But anyways, like I said, I'll still be buying one eventually.

gratewhitehuntr

Enlightened
LOL...please don`t post about your tired old D10 :shakehead:shakehead:shakehead...this thread is about the hot new smoooooth beam D10 :nana::nana::nana: :crackup::crackup::crackup:

I'm bummed for exactly that reason
the beam quality is my only issue with the light
(and I wish it would realize it was at low instead of trying to ramp down already on low
fou.gif
)

.Mmm...I have a birthday coming up...just a thought:sssh::D:kiss:

jesus man... my birthday was yesterday and that was what allowed me to get my "old D10" :shakehead

I guess if it's the same color just smooth then I can cope

I was feeling a little sick because I thought it might be warm white
my D10 is slightly violet compared to my other crees (course some of them are very cool)
it's downright ****** grape Kool-Aid compared to my SS p4 lights
puke.gif

seems like at least

Latest posts