Novatac 120T serial 12269 pics and questions

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
A nice thing about a Novatac/HDS is the CR123 option for cold weather
IMG_5778.jpg

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Nice! That raised rubber boot just looks very appropriate on the 120T.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice! That raised rubber boot just looks very appropriate on the 120T.
thank you! It is much easier to use the raised button, especially with gloves..

it gives up tailstanding, but the flat button had gotten swollen and the light would wobble.. and as you said, it just goes well w the 120T model.. (even though I unlocked it and set the modes up as 120P swequence (low first not high first)

cboices are good ;-)

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
fwiw, those Novatac SPA SPL-120 models are somewhat different than earlier Novatacs.. They were made after Henry sold the Novatac brand.. here are some differences

1. They are made in China (despite the tailcap claiming made in USA)
2. They are set up as Tactical models, with raised buttons. (turns on at High Mode first) with locked programming (can be unlocked w 250 clics)
3. Bezel is aluminium, anodised to match body color (the early models have black bezels that are actually Stainless Steel)

more details in the Novatac History thread

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
fwiw, those Novatac SPA SPL-120 models are somewhat different than earlier Novatacs.. They were made after Henry sold the Novatac brand.. here are some differences

1. They are made in China (despite the tailcap claiming made in USA)
2. They are set up as Tactical models, with raised buttons. (turns on at High Mode first) with locked programming (can be unlocked w 250 clics)
3. Bezel is aluminium, anodised to match body color (the early models have black bezels that are actually Stainless Steel)

more details in the Novatac History thread
Both modes B and C are set to the same level. After unlocking it becomes clear. Speaking of unlocking, the best way is to clasp the flashlight with your hands like a joystick and use first one thumb, then the second thumb, I did 25-30 clicks with each and changed. This results in fewer errors due to fatigue when approaching 250

Lithium466

Enlightened
They are also (at least mine were) heavily glued and required heat for disassembly. First one I just applied to much force and made a hole in the threads as my tool ripped.
Material seemed flimsier to me than initial HDS with similar design, but that may just be me.

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
Both modes B and C are set to the same level. After unlocking it becomes clear. Speaking of unlocking, the best way is to clasp the flashlight with your hands like a joystick and use first one thumb, then the second thumb, I did 25-30 clicks with each and changed. This results in fewer errors due to fatigue when approaching 250
Yeah I gave up after trying like 3 times. Default setup isn't so bad after all haha

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
They are also (at least mine were) heavily glued and required heat for disassembly. First one I just applied to much force and made a hole in the threads as my tool ripped.
Material seemed flimsier to me than initial HDS with similar design, but that may just be me.
I also thought the metal was softer, something like what Convoy uses. On the other hand, it conducts heat better. My lens was sealed and when I heated it with a hairdryer, polycarbonate glass first melted before the thread lock softened

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
fwiw there is a nice Novatac Spa SPL-120 with the Blackened Stainless Steel Bezel on ebay atm. This is my favorite non Tucson (no serial number) version.

They tend to have better reflectors than the later chinese models. And they tend to Not have the body tube glued to the head. I believe these were assembled from USA parts before production went overseas.

Somebody please save me from temptation, I already have 5 Novatacs.. I suggest you use eSnipe to keep your bid hidden until the final moments.. imo it is never helpful to place an early public bid.. good luck!