NovaTac EDC T and E Models CRACKED! Back Door/Easter egg found!

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great job! My boss used to use the expression "cool beans" whenever he saw something really nice. You have lived up to your name Cool Beans. I'm sure you have just made many many CPF'ers very happy, and added something truly useful to this already great community. Thank you, sir.

LLCoolBeans

Flashlight Enthusiast
I should also note that this seems to be working. I have not fully tested every function.

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice job, Cool! If anybody else has tried this and has been successful, it would be nice to hear if this is easy or not.

I am a bit confused about the 250 clicks and how quickly or slowly you need to do this. It sounds like it could be real frustrating if you didn't get into the menu or you did get into the menu and didn't get to option 9 quick enough before the light went back to its default mode. You better be an expert with the p120 instructions before getting started on this adventure.

LLCoolBeans

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am a bit confused about the 250 clicks and how quickly or slowly you need to do this. It sounds like it could be real frustrating if you didn't get into the menu or you did get into the menu and didn't get to option 9 quick enough before the light went back to its default mode. You better be an expert with the p120 instructions before getting started on this adventure.

Well, just from using the flashlight normally, you know how to do a double click and you know how to do a triple click. Basically, you need to do a 250+ click-press. So from on, click-click-click(at least 250 times)-press. It's not that hard, especially if your arm isn't already dead tired from clicking for half an evening.

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hacking at it's best!! Great job! And amazing timing - I just bought my first 120T from wacbzz a couple days ago. I've got several 120P's but for the price I got the 120T I couldn't pass it up. Now I learn it's going to be a P - wahoooo! :bow: :bow: :bow:
:twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hate to rain on your parade but this isn't breaking news. It's been known for a while that 250 clicks takes you to programming

It was rumored in another thread but never confirmed. I suspect there is a trick to doing it just right. People have tried before without success.

LLCoolBeans

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hate to rain on your parade but this isn't breaking news. It's been known for a while that 250 clicks takes you to programming

Do you have a link? That would be great. It would take some of the heat off of me.

There is no parade. People are happy, and that makes me happy, but I don't gain anything from this, except a programmable flashlight.

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast

Are you sure you are not remembering the 250 click Easter egg for the HDS Basic models? It would turn them into an Ultimate. That has been around a while but this is the first real instructions I've seen for the Novatac.

orcinus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wait a sec... wasn't that the EXACT way you entered the options menu in the old HDS models? :thinking:

Edit: damn, matrixshaman beat me to it...

kromeke

Enlightened
Are you sure you are not remembering the 250 click Easter egg for the HDS Basic models? It would turn them into an Ultimate.

Well, it doesn't "turn them into an Ultimate" but it would allow programming.

Ultimate models would allow programming with 10 clicks, Basic models allow programming with 250 clicks (or was it 200 clicks, I can't recall).

I know, because I've re-programmed my B42 a while back.

LLCoolBeans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wait a sec... wasn't that the EXACT way you entered the options menu in the old HDS models? :thinking:

As I understand it, you did 250 clicks from off on the EDC Basic. So, definitely very similar, but not exact.

Also, with the old HDS models, there was no option 9 to turn on. So in order to access the menu, you had to do 250 clicks every time. On the NovaTac you simply turn option 9 on and you no longer have to do the 250 clicks.

LLCoolBeans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also, this procedure does not make a T or E into a P, per say. A more accurate description would be it simply turns a T or E into a programmable T or E.

I still have not done a factory reset. If the factory reset brings you back to default T or E settings, the above description would be accurate. If it returns you to P default settings, then it does become a P.

LLCoolBeans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awesome. That's all I can say. Except that 250 clicks was one hellacious feat given my coordination!

So you were able to access the menu?

Has any one else verified this? I have a 120T, it would be helpful to hear from someone with a 120E or one of the 85 series.

Imworking

Newly Enlightened
I did in fact get the menu and set up my 120E like my 85P. Everything works greats and I did a battery change just to verify that the setting held.... they did! As long as I never need to do a factory reset my 120E for all intents and purposes is a 120P. Awesome! Now to order some bezels...

Imworking

Newly Enlightened
Did I also mention that Botach Tactical has 120E's for only $89.95. That's where I got mine from 2 weeks ago. The seem like a real good deal now!

streetmaster

Enlightened
Sweet. And sorry to thread hijack but is anybody else excited for the Novatac Storm? I already pre-ordered one in Pewter.
Yep! I have a black Storm on pre-order. Got it for $60! How can you go wrong for that price!? The only thing I will be lacking is the flat tailcap switch.

And to stay on topic, I am going to try the crack on my 120E today. I will report my results here.
Did I also mention that Botach Tactical has 120E's for only $89.95. That's where I got mine from 2 weeks ago. The seem like a real good deal now!

That's where I got my 120E, awesome deal.

Last edited: