NOW SHIPPING -- W3V McModules ! ! !

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: BUILDING SOON -- W3V Bin Code 5W\'s !!!

Hey Charlie!

That`s really pretty selfish of you to take some personal time away from this project...

After all, it`s only PK visiting and the Fourth of July. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Best wishes to you.

Enjoy!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

mst3k

Enlightened

Yeah there's no reason that I can see that you couldn't take one of those butane portable soldering irons to the fireworks show with you. You know, solder solder, OOooh AAhhhh, solder solder, OOOOOh pretty, Wow!! Solder solder.
You get the idea!!

Happy Fourth Charlie.

firewo~1.gif

Floating Spots

Enlightened
Re: Pre-Ordering -- W3V Bin Code 5W\'s !!!

[ QUOTE ]
MR Bulk said:
FS, can you build these microscopic converter boards?

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, possibly....
I don't have all the gear at home yet, but have been looking for a reason.

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey Charlie, got any collaborations in the works with SureFire? An original BulkFire design, perhaps?

mst3k

Enlightened

Got my silver one today, PM6 I mean. Got home with it and have been flashing it about and.....This is a pretty bitchin' light as..is.. I can't wait to see the mod.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

mst3k - the Pelican will be a different kind of light. Won't have the same throw as the Pelican incandescent but will have a much wider, smoother, prettier and obviously WHITER light. Should be real close in total lumen output as well.

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast

CHarlie:
No "Mr Mod God Sir":

Still looking for a name? Did you see the movie Lilo & Stitch? It is a Walt Disney animated movie set in Hawaii - with a keyword - Ohana which (according to the movie) means "Family" and Family means "No one gets left behind, or forgotten." Well, since the Bulk of these mods are going to your "CPF Family," and no one wants to be "left behind, or forgotten... "Ohana"?

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
BUILDING SOON -- W3V Bin Code 5W\'s !!!

From here on out regarding the naming process I would respectfully request to defer to the great McGiz' hisself...I do like "McBulk" but seeing as to how the conception/completion of the original mod was all Don's, I don't think so -- I am but a tailless polliwog struggling feebly against an onrushing current...

McGizmo

Flashaholic

Charlie,

It's useful for the light to have a name for identification purposes. You like McBulk, sounds good to me! You are building these things so I reckon you are in the position to name them! Then again there's always "Dano" or Bulk"Five"0 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Pelican calls the light the Black Knight so perhaps you might want to call your TK mod:
SirBulk or SirLightsalot.

Sorry I can't be of more help here. I keep getting distracted. Seems I got on some E list and I keep getting helpful information about how I can be anywhere from 3" to a couple feet longer, get all my meds on line, make enough $ at home to give out MaxiBeams as party favors and bunches of other helpful ideas. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

- Don

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

Don,

Funny, I must be on the same spam list (except I only got offered the 3" option, not two feet - *sigh*); hey, since we're not offering a complete light but simply the drop-in piece, how about..."McModule"?

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
BUILDING SOON -- Introducing: The McModule

Scratch the "how about" Don, if you say it's my position to name them, then McModule it is!

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: BUILDING SOON -- Introducing: The McModule

Did I miss reading if this thing will have variable focus?
(I'm on dial-up service... to reread the whole thread would take me another two hours!)

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: W3V Bin Code 5W\'s !!!

Stainless,

From page 6 of this thread /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
MR Bulk said:

"The Pelican mod will FOCUS (the prototype here in my hands produces up to 1480 lux) wide or tight. Also in the near future various drop-in accessories by McGizmo and dat2zip may be offered for this mod. Colored modules, 1W modules, even super bright P91-type incandescent modules, all of which simply screw in and replace the 5W module.

As well, I am not sure about the widespread availability of W3V Luxeons, but I certainly have a reel right here looking at me.

Lastly, this Pelican run will become unobtanium after we run out of parts (we can make up to about a hundred total, I think). Commercially manufactured lights will be available for years to come, and will surely drop even lower in price after the initial novelty of anything new wears off.

Thus it is up to you, but at least you have the full picture now."

[/ QUOTE ]

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast

x-ray:
Thanks. I missed out on my last chance to own a Mr Bulk creation, but the surgery is over now and...

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

The final shipment of parts came in today:

fbbbfd20.jpg

After my guests leave (this Friday afternoon) I shall commence The Build...

gbreckley

Newly Enlightened

I am not on dialup but with 46 pages of information I just couldn't bare to go through it all. But knowing it is a McGizmo Mr Bulk joint venture I think I want one. I gather it is a drop in for the pelican m6 but can i get some more info and if there are any available that have not been pre paid for?

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

You are correct on all counts except the "first run" (using W3V's) is all taken/prepaid for. There may be a second run of up to fifty more (using V2T's) depending upon when more BB750 boards can be made up.

If you e-mail me I will put you with the approximately 60 people on this secondary list, and there will usually be a 10%-20% dropout rate whereupon you would move up into the top fifty and be in position to get one.

The above is based upon conjecture, speculation, pseudo-knowledge of human nature, and some judiciously applied, politically incorrect spin doctoring.

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: W3V Bin Code 5W\'s !!! BEAM SHOTS !!!

For those who have been wanting to see some beam comparison pictures......

Disclaimer: Photo was taken in a brightly lite room (can we say skylights) at the home of the machinist that did the modules. Thus, without a super intense beam, the ambient light over powered the "other brand" 5watt [the one in the middle that doesn't even show]

Upper right and lower left are W3V's, and the upper left and lower right are V2t's. The V2t have just a hint of green [nowwhere even near the "other brand" 5 watt. What you see on your monitor will vary..
large.jpg