Old School Ti clicky Question..

klackey

Enlightened
Easy question for some of you "old-timer's".... :) I have an original HDS Ti clicky. The question is the bezel Ti ore just stainless steel? My gut feeling it is SS.

Lithium466

Enlightened
I know they made SS, Ti and Al bezels for these lights, but if you have an original Ti Clicky, the bezel is Ti...unless it was changed of course (but you'd loose the markings).

Edit : by "these lights" I refer to the "legacy clickies".

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also an addition the Ti clickies have a serial with #10000 and up (guess it was 10000-10090).

If I remember correclty there are also two "special" Ti Clickies with a 200lm GD LED that are having normal numbers in the 10000 range but not in the range I mentioned above.

Last edited:

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast

Based on old photographs, titanium on bezel and body should be roughly the same shade. Stainless steel has a different shade when exposed to light. Can you take a picture for us?

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now I checked - stainless steel does not react to a magnet. A good photo will show us this. Or the mass - if you unscrew the bezel from the reflector and remove the glass, that is, leave only the metal part and measure the mass. Titanium is lighter than steel. The mass of the steel bezel, I think, will help us find out those who have several of them at hand.

You can also check with grinding wheel, if the bezel gives bright white sparks when sharpened, then it is titanium, but this method in this case is not suitable due to the rarity and price of the flashlight.

klackey

Enlightened
Thank you for all the responses. I am certain the bezel is original, Just could not recall if the bezel and the light body was made of Ti. I don't think I am going to apply the grinding wheel to it :)

I will try the magnet soon.

Thanks..

Latest posts