Olight i3E Review (AAA Torch)

Mr Baz

Newly Enlightened
Probably the last person to review this ;-) Still it's quite a handy light though single power only it's pretty small.

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
I have one on my keychain as it is so small and UL. Kinda bright for lots of things but so far it works.

Wrongway

Newly Enlightened
Great review. I have just ordered a copper one from Amazon UK to replace an ageing Fenix LD01. They look very good for the price.

phosphor22

Enlightened
I love the i3E - carry a copper one in my pocket (the tiny key pocket) just about everyday. It would be darn near perfect if it had two modes - around one lumen + the blast of light that it already has.

Attachments

• i3E.jpg
    i3E.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 82

khaleeq

Newly Enlightened
I love them too. Have one in copper, one in SS and one in Red.

Wrongway

Newly Enlightened
Thats the only thing bothering me a bit that it's only got one mode.

I love the i3E - carry a copper one in my pocket (the tiny key pocket) just about everyday. It would be darn near perfect if it had two modes - around one lumen + the blast of light that it already has.

Mr Baz

Newly Enlightened

i3S has 3 levels I'll be doing that one shortly it's a bit larger though. A moon mode would be ideal on the i3E. I think the special editions have more power not tried those. Still it's pretty small and works well enough

sbslider

Enlightened
i3S has 3 levels I'll be doing that one shortly it's a bit larger though. A moon mode would be ideal on the i3E. I think the special editions have more power not tried those. Still it's pretty small and works well enough
Moon mode, small AAA bright mode also, if you can handle 3 modes you are describing the Ti3.

Wrongway

Newly Enlightened
That Ti3 looks interesting. I might have to get one to play with. The i3E arrived yesterday and is very neat and well made.

Mr Baz

Newly Enlightened
Moon mode, small AAA bright mode also, if you can handle 3 modes you are describing the Ti3.

Ti3 is by Thrunite I've not looked at that one. i3S is by Olight. There are other ones I've done a Worm review from Lumintop and the UltraTac K18 also has variable power output.

zulumoose

Newly Enlightened

I have been carrying one on my keyring for about a year now, it would take a lot to convince me another light this small can be better, but there is certainly room for improvement

1 two modes would be great, I have to put a finger over it to use it without disturbing others or blinding myself sometimes
2 tailstand would be nice, but not Important for a keyring application
3 reverse polarity protection is an important feature that is missing
4 a reversable clip would be nice, it is so lightweight it would be perfect on a cap, I have even considered using a rubber band to make it mountable on the leg of my glasses for hands-free operation.