• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Olight L5 Pro: When is it coming?

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't wait to try this light and the pro. NC has the TM03, Klarus is supposed to have a G10. ZL might push a similar light to be more compact. Interesting times! I love the Olight UI. Simple, direct, and similar on all the lights I have

Re: Zebralight making a 26650 light? I just emailed them asking if they had any future plans of making one and they replied "no plans for any 26650 lights". Wishful thinking for a bunch of us though.

DMS1970

Enlightened
Re: Zebralight making a 26650 light? I just emailed them asking if they had any future plans of making one and they replied "no plans for any 26650 lights". Wishful thinking for a bunch of us though.

My bad. I thought that I heard ZL working on lights with XHP50 etc.

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
My bad. I thought that I heard ZL working on lights with XHP50 etc.

You are correct that they are working on an xhp50 18650 light. Supposed to be out by the end of summer. We'll see.

I can't believe how much silence on the L5 Pro from olight. Hope it becomes a reality. :poke:

Turbo V6 Camaro

Newly Enlightened
You are correct that they are working on an xhp50 18650 light. Supposed to be out by the end of summer. We'll see.

I can't believe how much silence on the L5 Pro from olight. Hope it becomes a reality. :poke:

i want a 3x xhp50 with 2x 26650 light should be nice and bright lol

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
Someone tell eagletac to put it in the sx line............ they have the body and they do many multi emitter lights.

Turbo V6 Camaro

Newly Enlightened
Someone tell eagletac to put it in the sx line............ they have the body and they do many multi emitter lights.
i need to look at there lights lol Im still trying to find some good light made in the USA, hard to find it seems

DMS1970

Enlightened
Re: Olight L5/R50 Pro: When is it coming?

Cool! Twice in the video he puts them side buy side, I swear the pro looks like a slightly smaller diameter head. Maybe an optical illusion?

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast

Cool! Twice in the video he puts them side buy side, I swear the pro looks like a slightly smaller diameter head. Maybe an optical illusion?

Definitely. The Pro version has a larger LED. That creates an illusion of a smaller reflector. He holds R50 closer to the camera as well. When they stand on a table heads look identical.

Last edited:

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast

The bodies of the R50 pro and R50 look similar in dimensions. If the only difference is in the LED and charging method, I question the need for both (IMHO).

DMS1970

Enlightened

The bodies of the R50 pro and R50 look similar in dimensions. If the only difference is in the LED and charging method, I question the need for both (IMHO).

Would the xhp70 be floodier? I agree that there will not be a big difference between these lights.

shk1d29

Newly Enlightened
Really excited to get one of the R50 Pro's. Any update from Olight yet on this?

kj2

Flashaholic

Would the xhp70 be floodier? I agree that there will not be a big difference between these lights.
Think it will be slightly flooder. Just received the R50 (xhp-50) for review, but can't compare of course.
The charging cradle will be the biggest difference :whistle:;)

DMS1970

Enlightened

Think it will be slightly flooder. Just received the R50 (xhp-50) for review, but can't compare of course.
The charging cradle will be the biggest difference :whistle:;)

Awesome - looking forward to your results after reviewing! I can't stress enough how high quality the look feel and function of mine seem to be. Not sure if it is the size difference or not, but it looks a step above my S1 and S2 lights.

kj2

Flashaholic

Just opened the R50 box, and what a presentation :twothumbs kuddo's Olight!. Light is charging now. Of course, after I checked the highest mode first :p Quite floody but still have a intense hotspot.
On/Off switch is very responsive and rubber cover gives enough grip. Red led underneath shows when light is in lockout. Can't wait for darkness to come :D