Olight Smini

LeafSamurai

Enlightened
i've got the Smini(ti) and S1(ti), both with polished XM-L2 NW. i don't get it what's the clear UI difference between the 2 models? both have moonlight and timer.

Smini has shortcut to High-mode, S1 doesn't.
Smini has electronic lockout, S1 doesn't.

Is that it?

I think you meant S Mini has shortcut to turbo mode and S1 doesn't? But S1 has a shortcut to turbo mode as well, which is double click from off, similar to the S Mini. Other than that, the electronic lockout on the S Mini is the only clear UI difference between the two.

kreisl

Flashlight Enthusiast
we call the highest mode Turbo, okay.

I see, thanks for the correction. From Off, the S1 has shortcut to Turbo with double-click. But only from Off. Smini has also from On.
Ah and Smini memorizes Moonlight mode, S1 doesn't.

So i'd say that the Smini has the richer UI.

MattSPL

Enlightened
I like the Smini UI, but agree a battery indicator under the switch like Armytek would be good.

MattSPL

Enlightened
d9ee3d56f6e8c1334113b8fe65e53457.jpg

That was fast

HerecomestheBoom

Newly Enlightened
Same here, in the Netherlands the Olight S mini Baton Limited edition Titanium rainbow costs euro 99,95 = 105,85 USD!!!

You can find them on ebay for around €75,- if you don't mind waiting for it (from China). But yeah, it is a lot of money for a tiny light. But it'll probably last your entire life as long as you don't loose it.

i've got the Smini(ti) and S1(ti), both with polished XM-L2 NW. i don't get it what's the clear UI difference between the 2 models? both have moonlight and timer.

Smini has shortcut to High-mode, S1 doesn't.
Smini has electronic lockout, S1 doesn't.

Is that it?

The mini's memory mode doesn't reset and default to low after ten minutes like the S1 does, just like the S10 did and early batches of the alu S1, and it also remembers moonglow mode. I still don't get why they decided to change the UI shortly after the S1 was first released but I'm glad I got in on that one when I did and that it's back to normal now.

I suspect they also changed the switch for the mini. It is a bit more clicky and it seems to turn the light off on release of the switch instead of when pressing it like on previous models. It appears to be momentary-capable?

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Same here, in the Netherlands the Olight S mini Baton Limited edition Titanium rainbow costs euro 99,95 = 105,85 USD!!!

Yeah, these are way overpriced imo. They dont even have a lens and are paper thin. It would be nice if they would offer a neutral white in aluminum for about $30-40US at the most. That would be a fair price I think considering the competition. Olight always seems to price their products too high imo.

Last edited:

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast

Netherlands' resellers are always high :) Just a comparison: your local Elzetta dealer sells ONE B333 for the price that tops the Stormtec-pro.de price of B333 + AVS flood lens...

MattSPL

Enlightened
That's the advantage of living in a small country ;)
and orders placed before 4PM, should arrive the next day :)

Have you a link to the Vendor please? I'm in Ireland, so it's good to know reliable vendors in Europe

HerecomestheBoom

Newly Enlightened
Have you a link to the Vendor please? I'm in Ireland, so it's good to know reliable vendors in Europe

Try Zaklampen.nl or Ledscherp.nl, I've had good experiences with both.

Yeah, these are way overpriced imo. They dont even have a lens and are paper thin. It would be nice if they would offer a neutral white in aluminum for about $30-40US at the most. That would be a fair price I think considering the competition. Olight always seems to price their products too high imo.

30 to 40 bucks seems a little unrealistic imo, seeing the old S10 and S1 (used to) retail for 49,95. But you can always go for the stainless version for 56 bucks.

Last edited:

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try Zaklampen.nl or Ledscherp.nl, I've had good experiences with both.

30 to 40 bucks seems a little unrealistic imo, seeing the old S10 and S1 (used to) retail for 49,95. But you can always go for the stainless version for 56 bucks.

I don't think it is at all when you can get lights with more materials, better materials, more sophisticated electronics, better warranties, and more features for $50-65.

That's my point though, most Olight's are overpriced for what you get when compared to the competition. Especially the S1 and Smini series imo.

Last edited:

MattSPL

Enlightened
I don't think it is at all when you can get lights with more materials, better materials, more sophisticated electronics, better warranties, and more features for $50-65.

That's my point though, most Olight's are overpriced for what you get when compared to the competition. Especially the S1 and Smini series imo.

But is there any competition for the smini? Something this small that isn't a twisty?

HerecomestheBoom

Newly Enlightened

Of course I would like to pay less too, but to me they're still worth it. But I'm a bit of a fanboy I guess.

I tried several different brands before I bought an S10 and as it turns out the Olight S-series just works for me. Their UI and form-factor just happen to match my needs perfectly where all others I've owned have left me unsatisfied in some sort of way. And they seem pretty bomb proof. My cat has knocked my S10 off a 3 foot high bedside table on to a hardwood floor on daily bases for the last two years now, trying to get me to wake up and feed him, and it still hasn't stopped working, lol. It's not that much money if it lasts a lifetime, or even just half a lifetime.

But different strokes for different folks I guess, don't buy 'm if you think they're not worth it.

Thanks for the links. I can use parcel motel if they ship to the UK.

24639996112_5365340198_o.gif

If you do need help with shipping just send me a pm, I'd be happy to order one for you and ship it to Ireland if needed be.

Last edited:

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
But is there any competition for the smini? Something this small that isn't a twisty?

Maybe not quite as small but, there are plenty of nice CR123a/RCR123 lights. And, some come with better quality, more features, superior electronics, and better warranty for less money. The Smini is a nice light but, I just think it is priced way too high for what it is. YMMV of course.

Last edited: