Olight Smini

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
Of course I would like to pay less too, but to me they're still worth it. But I'm a bit of a fanboy I guess.

I tried several different brands before I bought an S10 and as it turns out the Olight S-series just works for me. Their UI and form-factor just happen to match my needs perfectly where all others I've owned have left me unsatisfied in some sort of way. And they seem pretty bomb proof. My cat has knocked my S10 off a 3 foot high bedside table on to a hardwood floor on daily bases for the last two years now, trying to get me to wake up and feed him, and it still hasn't stopped working, lol. It's not that much money if it lasts a lifetime, or even just half a lifetime.

But different strokes for different folks I guess, don't buy 'm if you think they're not worth it.

24639996112_5365340198_o.gif

If you do need help with shipping just send me a pm, I'd be happy to order one for you and ship it to Ireland if needed be.

I think the Smini is worth it it if it suits your needs. The special editions are a little higher in price but it adds a little fun with the different versions. I would guess that we will eventually see a standard model with a lower price like the S1 anyway. I don't see Olight as being any more expensive than similar brands and it comes down to what works for each of us just like you said.

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe not quite as small but, there are plenty of nice CR123a/RCR123 lights. And, some come with better quality, more features, superior electronics, and better warranty for less money. The Smini is a nice light but, I just think it is priced way too high for what it is. YMMV of course.

Erm... May we find out what are those lights that are "plenty"? :)

MattSPL

Enlightened
Of course I would like to pay less too, but to me they're still worth it. But I'm a bit of a fanboy I guess.

I tried several different brands before I bought an S10 and as it turns out the Olight S-series just works for me. Their UI and form-factor just happen to match my needs perfectly where all others I've owned have left me unsatisfied in some sort of way. And they seem pretty bomb proof. My cat has knocked my S10 off a 3 foot high bedside table on to a hardwood floor on daily bases for the last two years now, trying to get me to wake up and feed him, and it still hasn't stopped working, lol. It's not that much money if it lasts a lifetime, or even just half a lifetime.

But different strokes for different folks I guess, don't buy 'm if you think they're not worth it.

24639996112_5365340198_o.gif

If you do need help with shipping just send me a pm, I'd be happy to order one for you and ship it to Ireland if needed be.

Thanks, that's very good of you :thumbsup:

Ryp

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would guess that we will eventually see a standard model with a lower price like the S1 anyway.

Olight said they won't be making a non-limited edition S Mini which is unfortunate since I don't care about the material used, I just care about the price.

regulator

Flashlight Enthusiast
Olight said they won't be making a non-limited edition S Mini which is unfortunate since I don't care about the material used, I just care about the price.

I care about the weight and like that aluminum would cost less. I don't see why Olight would not leverage the two to make the light even more appealing.

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
I care about the weight and like that aluminum would cost less. I don't see why Olight would not leverage the two to make the light even more appealing.
Companies change their mind like women in a clothing store... so don't give up hope. The Stainless Steel version of the light is pretty reasonable, I can't imagine an aluminum one being more than $10 cheaper, and more likely closer to 7$ cheaper as I can see them retailing for less than $49 unless some serious competition comes out. Also you can maybe just buy the new 4-Sevens light, almost identical to the mini in aluminum. This might be the reason why there won't be a Olight branded version, if you want Aluminum then you buy 4-Sevens.

Ryp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Companies change their mind like women in a clothing store... so don't give up hope. The Stainless Steel version of the light is pretty reasonable, I can't imagine an aluminum one being more than $10 cheaper, and more likely closer to 7$ cheaper as I can see them retailing for less than $49 unless some serious competition comes out. Also you can maybe just buy the new 4-Sevens light, almost identical to the mini in aluminum. This might be the reason why there won't be a Olight branded version, if you want Aluminum then you buy 4-Sevens.

Since the (limited edition) S Minis follow the price of the limited edition S1s, you would be right in that an aluminum S Mini would be $7 cheaper. If you're talking about the Foursevens Mini Mk II, that's a twisty light but the S Mini is a clicky.

kreisl

Flashlight Enthusiast
the S1-ti has a slightly darker and less super-high polished finish than the Smini-ti. The latter seems to be electro-polished, identical to other lights like K18SS and WormSS. S1-ti material and finish bears resemblance to Sunwayman CR123A M11R ti lights. i've tried to capture the ti color difference on camera, it's even difficult to make out with bare eyes and glasses. 720p JPG on abload.de

img_20161120_123653crs0a.jpg

img_20161120_124104n0syi.jpg

img_20161120_124602a9szq.jpg

img_20161120_125015fist3.jpg

img_20161120_12594917sv6.jpg

img_20161120_130337nesyk.jpg

img_20161120_131708easn0.jpg

img_20161120_132640ilsgl.jpg

del1kmuca.jpg

I like both lights vely vely much, maybe my best China flashlight acquisitions this year after the PD32 2016.
Both olights are keepers, forever in my collection!
lovecpf

Last edited:

Ray-o-light

Newly Enlightened
Hello kreisl, after watching the Going Gear video on YouTube, I think the polished mini Ti has a PVD finish.

kssmith

Enlightened
Hey,
I got my Going Gear Raw Brass SMini today, so far, I really like it. The only thing I miss is the GG flame like on the previous exclusive. oh well!
IMG_6817_zps25nbxsh6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_6816_zpszophttb3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_6818_zpsy4oxffuf.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

oKtosiTe

Enlightened
Does the S mini step down when the battery is getting low, or does it just :poof: turn off like my S10R-II does? I don't want to go through that again.

kreisl

Flashlight Enthusiast
the light can emit light at very low voltage. at that point there isnt enough juice in the battery to produce higher level brightness. you'd know then that the battery is low. it would only turn off because of the PCB on the protected 16340, say nitecore 16340.

oKtosiTe

Enlightened
the light can emit light at very low voltage. at that point there isnt enough juice in the battery to produce higher level brightness. you'd know then that the battery is low. it would only turn off because of the PCB on the protected 16340, say nitecore 16340.
OK, thanks.

cclin

Newly Enlightened
received brass s-mini, I like the match color of switch ring, bezel & pocket clip. Too bad Olight decided use blue switch ring & bezel on copper s-mini
7vRHbv.jpg

craniotes

Newly Enlightened
The family is almost complete:

Now, about that stainless steel S Mini... ;-)

Regards,
Adam

Last edited:

oKtosiTe

Enlightened
I saw someone on Reddit claim that the S mini can take 18350 cells. Is this true? I have an S mini with two more coming soon, but no 18350 cell to verify.

kreisl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw someone on Reddit claim that the S mini can take 18350 cells. Is this true? I have an S mini with two more coming soon, but no 18350 cell to verify.

The Smini body inner tube diameter is 17.00mm.

A 17340 would fit.

emarkd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an Smini and an 18350. They definitely do not fit. That little Smini is basically full with a 16340 and id be surprised if anything larger could be made to fit.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its a shame that more manufactures don't make the cell compartments fit 18350's too, they really are a much better cell then 16340's. All they would have to do is make the cell compartment a touch wider. This is why I love lights like the Armytek Prime Pro C1. It takes all three(CR123a, 16340, and 18350) and you can even buy different battery compartment tubes for 18650, AA, and 2xAA and play lego. It is like an SMINI on steroids. Brighter, tougher, more modes and features, more cell flexibility, optic protected by sapphire coated optical glass lens, legoability(tail caps and battery tubes), double the warranty, and all for less money. The tiny size of the SMINI still has its appeal though.