Olight X7 Marauder measurements (3x XHP70, 4x 18650)

Bucur

Enlightened
I received my X7. I played a bit with storage charged (3.6V) Eagtac 3400mAh batteries. As expected, these batteries cannot support turbo and turbo s modes. I am eager to see what this beast can do with fully charged 10 Amp Orbtronic 3500mAh batteries but I will be patient enough to match these brand new cells, first.

I have 8 of them and I want to make two groups of four. I have an AccuPower IQ338 charger/analyser. It can charge, discharge, and charge again the cells in Nor Test mode and reveal their actual capacities @500mA discharge rate.

I wonder if this is a good idea, though. I don't know how deep it will discharge the cells. There is no info regarding discharge cut-off voltage on the manual. Besides, how relevant this info will be? The cells will actually be subject to much higher loads than .5A. If you were on my shoes, what would you do?

Thank you.

watchmania

Newly Enlightened
Re: Olight X7 Marauder unboxing (3x XHP70, 4x 18650) review in progress

Olight_X7_in_hand.jpg~original

I prefer strapping that is more 'tactical' :cool:

See my pinky? It also allows me to do this magic trick :naughty:

Last edited:

Olightworld

Enlightened
No the standard Panasonic 3400mAh 18650 batteries will not push this light to 9000 lumens. You will stuck around the 5000 lumen range with those cells.

Hello everyone, can this light run on NCR18650B at full power(OVER 9000 LUMEN)
I have many ncr18650B in my house, so, it would be good if i dont need to buy any high-drain cell
2s/2p mean you can get 20A/8.4V. Which mean nearly 170w, so each led consumes more than 50w if my cell cant handle this flashlight, and 50w for xhp70 is a little too much for xhp70
So, i assume my cell can push this light to its limit
Can't it?

Olightworld

Enlightened
No it most likely won't because the amperage needs to be 8 amps or higher, honestly around 10 to get to 9000 lumens and stay there longer than a couple seconds.

Yes, provided your NCR18650B has button top, and you may not get the manufacturer's runtime, and your NCR18650B may have shorter life-span (note that this last point is pure speculations :grin2: as I do not have hard data to back it up).

Sen0rphil

Newly Enlightened
The ncr18650b is only rated for 6.8 amps discharge. The NCR18650ga is rated for 10 Amps. Can anyone chime in to how they think the ga NCR chemistry cell would perform against the INR olight 'samsung 35e' which is rated for the same discharge current? The Ga cell seems to hold voltage better under load, just look at the graphs. Overall capacity is similar.

mrheosuper

Newly Enlightened
Actually, i have tested my X7 with ncr18650be(unfortunately, none of ncr18650b is button top)
And it seems like it stucks at 5000 lumen( when i try to enter turbo-s, it will go back to turbo mode, if i try again, it will be a little brighter, but not as bright as turbo-s)
Looklike i need to buy some keeppower imr 20A/3000MAH. I hate the low capacity one, because this light is Amper Hunger

mrheosuper

Newly Enlightened
In my opinion, Olight should use 4s Li-ion, which will reduce the amper require to the half
That means you can use almost every 18650 genuine cell

Sen0rphil

Newly Enlightened
I've decided I will use my ncr18650ga unprotected cells and use a 5x1mm neodymium magnets with super glue around the edges to hold in place. This should work well. Can't wait to receive the x7!

LOUSYGREATWALLGM

Enlightened
Actually, i have tested my X7 with ncr18650be(unfortunately, none of ncr18650b is button top)
And it seems like it stucks at 5000 lumen( when i try to enter turbo-s, it will go back to turbo mode, if i try again, it will be a little brighter, but not as bright as turbo-s)
Looklike i need to buy some keeppower imr 20A/3000MAH. I hate the low capacity one, because this light is Amper Hunger
Same here. Stuck at Turbo until my GA arrives :sigh:

mrheosuper

Newly Enlightened
actually, it can go to turbo-s only with fully charged battery
after a few minutes, you will be stuck at turbo

Sen0rphil

Newly Enlightened
People! Olight now ship the X7 in NEUTRAL WHITE TINT!!! 😀👍👍

Last edited:

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone want to buy my cool white so I can get this (neutral makes me weak in the knees)

Sen0rphil

Newly Enlightened
I will send beamshots of the Nw X7 when it arrives!

Last edited:

Sen0rphil

Newly Enlightened
Ok guys I have some news for you. I have just received my X7 neutral white which is the latest batch from the factory. It has perfectly centred LEDs and no flaws unlike my last one which I returned. The tint is beautiful and slightly Rosy.

Now here comes the interesting part , the driver has been modified to my last one. There is a very slight visible pwm when I I adjust my shutter speed settings around the 500/sec but it is very unobtrusive and not visible at all in the normal photo and video mode so in real life most people wouldn't pick it up when taking pictures of videos.

Now the most interesting part, I was doing some runtime tests last night with the Samsung 30q cells, I was using as a room light at 3000 lumens for more than an hour, then tested turbo and Turbo S outside just to try and drain them as much as possible to see if Turbo S would stop working. Turbo S just kept working through the whole test, then I decided to put the batteries on the charger. Their resting voltages were 3.5v and it charged 2 amps into them.

It will be very interesting how far it can discharge before Turbo S doesn't become available, but this is very interesting and an awesome change in my eyes.