Orlando - Shot Show Events and Experiences

Xygen

Enlightened
Thanks Stingray for the best update so far!
Is that SF Titan powered by a CR2?

Xygen

Enlightened
I also wonder how the new Cree SF lights will be named. Or do they keep their old names. But so you don't know what you get when ordering one.

Fellas, we have some pics. I think Milkyspit is going to post some today. This show is so big and Novatac is on the other end of the planet from Surefire and Peak. But I, EricMack, PoliceScannerMan and RPM met with Henry yesterday afternoon and had the pleasure of seeing the protos for the new Novatac/HDS lights. What has been stated earlier is pretty much accurate, but Henry specifically asked us not to post anything about the new stuff yet (not sure why). It's pretty cool and you're going to like it. :naughty: And no, no ETA yet. I'll continue to push for more info from Henry today at the Show and also tonight at PK's party. Henry is quite proud of the new stuff.

Apparently, the new titanium Surefire, the Titan, is going to be released similarly to how Nintendo introduced the Wii: a couple here, a couple there. Some dealers will get a couple, others will not, at least during the first special edition run of 500 units. The standard production run will follow, but there are no rumors on that yet. Size15s seems to know more than he's willing to divulge. Maybe we should inundate him with PM's. :grin2:

The new L1 is very cool - looks alot like an E1L now. Much shorter, rounder, but still with the same two-way switch. It's a great light.

Back to the Show, and then on to PK's party. Hang tight, fellas, pics WILL be coming.

Last edited:

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the update Dad :)
Im glad to hear that the CR2 Titan will be an ongoing product after the 500 First are relased.

The New L1 is the light that impresses me most so far.
And if someone could get one of those for me while they are there i would be forever greatful.

I know the odds of Surefire selling those on the show are Zero but just in case ;)

Looking forward to some more news from the Novatac Camp and ofcource some pictures.
And there`s gotta be some newcomers there with some new innovative products.

I want to know everything :D

Enjoy,
Benny

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
arewethereyetdad said:
The new L1 is very cool - looks alot like an E1L now. Much shorter, rounder, but still with the same two-way switch. It's a great light.

I want to see that one BAD. If we can get a pic of that, next to something else for scale, that would be awesome.

Esthan

Enlightened
arewethereyetdad said:
What has been stated earlier is pretty much accurate, but Henry specifically asked us not to post anything about the new stuff yet (not sure why).

What has been stated earlier ? :huh2:

Last edited:

Xygen

Enlightened
Esthan said:
What has been stated earlier ? :huh2:
That all lights will come with 85 Lumen only. No more 42/60 Lumen versions.
Last year they annouced a LR (Long Range) and a HD (Heavy Duty) model, but they didn't make it into the stores.
I wonder how they pay their bills? Do they sell anything?

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep,
Last i heard he pulled a big contract with the Army and or goverment.
:D

Benny

GRoLED

Newly Enlightened
Originally Posted by arewethereyetdad
Henry specifically asked us not to post anything about the new stuff yet

The NovaTac website has the release date down as February, so is everyone who has visited SHOT supposed to keep it secret for the next couple of weeks?
huh2.gif

Oh well, guess he has his reasons.

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
This thread better light up tonight after the show!
rant.gif
and PK party...
More info.....PICS!.....ANYTHING!!!!!
mad.gif

First person to post pics gets a MiniBeast, donated by.....................um...well if I had one, me.
Anyway......help us poor suckers out that didn't get to go!
awman.gif

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
As far as Novatac goes, whats so different about poeple who could make the shot show and those that couldn't?? Being asked not to talk about their products yet?? WTF!!!
It's a public show, unfortunately some of us have other responsibilities/commitments and could not attend. Why should we be kept in the dark while others get to see the lights??

Yes, I am very annoyed by Henry's comment.

DAD, thanks for your daily updates :goodjob:

Esthan

Enlightened
Kid9P said:
As far as Novatac goes, whats so different about poeple who could make the shot show and those that couldn't?? Being asked not to talk about their products yet?? WTF!!!
It's a public show, unfortunately some of us have other responsibilities/commitments and could not attend. Why should we be kept in the dark while others get to see the lights??

Why haven't I thought of that ?

dixemon

Enlightened
Kid9P said:

Yes, I am very annoyed by Henry's comment.

DAD, thanks for your daily updates :goodjob:

If he didnt want people to know about his new products, than he shouldnt have brought them to a !@#$% exposition now should he!! Im tired of the super secret squirell crap with these guys, If you dont want to show it than leave it at home in your secret squirell safe!

+1 for Dads daily updates. Thanks

KROMATICS

Enlightened
Looking forward to pictures (and details) of Surefire's Titan, L1, L5, 6PD, G3, etc. Just how round is the beam of the new L5 using an optic? Usually optics produce a sort of rounded sqaure. Have they overcome this? Also, whatever happened to the miniBeast?