Orlando - Shot Show Events and Experiences

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
In the USN thread the poster says that Novatac will not be using Cree's for a good reason. He also states that Cree is not the only game in town. He refuses to tell anyone what the new LED is saying that he will not go into that here.

Why the big secret?

greenLED

Flashaholic
Electromage, last year I spent so much time talking to people and wondering around, which was followed by long and dynamic dinners with fellow CPF'ers. By the time I got back to the hotel, it was too late for any sensible reporting. I'd expect more info towards the end of the Show.

That, of course, doesn't stop me from eating 6 of these :popcorn: in anticipation... any updates are most appreciated.

Could I get one of the attendees to fish me a couple of SF catalogs (one regular, one tactical), please?
:thanks:

Last edited:

Xygen

Enlightened
It's so damn silent here at CPF. It seems everyone's at Shot!?
Thanks awtyd for updates!

jayke

Newly Enlightened
I'll be going to the show tomorrow and the Surefire party tomorrow night. I will hopefully have some good info....
Joe

RPM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Saw the new SF L1, shorter body, much higher output, new optic with round beam, with cree I believe... don't quote me... my first shot show, I'm on brain overload!

New SF L5, new bezel style, now with optic , round shape beam, also "cree'd"

I think the days of the square shape optic beam is gone. So much to see...

Xygen

Enlightened
RPM said:
Saw the new SF L1, shorter body, much higher output, new optic with round beam, with cree I believe... don't quote me... my first shot show, I'm on brain overload!

Noh! Just bought a L5 and KL3!

Jumpmaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just so everyone knows, it is rather difficult to snap pics at SHOT unless something has changed since last year. It is not generally allowed in the exhibit hall area unless you ask permission of an exhibitor and many times they don't want to do that...keeping the new goodies close to the vest.

So, sure...ask for pics, but don't be upset if people cannot take any.

JM-99

DocArnie

Newly Enlightened
DasRonin said:
Any changes to the SF E2D Defender? Such as now LED?

An impact tool would make alot more sense to me with an LED, so they better should...

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
RPM said:

now you got me so excited. i cant wait till somone gets a new l5 to try out. glad they will have more stuff out then they did last year, kroma, woo-hoo.

wonder if they will still make the older L5?

KROMATICS

Enlightened
DasRonin said:
Any changes to the SF E2D Defender? Such as now LED?

I haven't heard anything about the E2D but they now have a 6PD. It doesn't have a matching crenelated tailcap like the E2D though.