Paul Kim's New tactical Pen

880arm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can anyone answer this? Or are they not actually for sale?

I can't remember seeing these for sale yet. His new flashlight was released first in Hong Kong so it's possible they could be for sale there.

** Edit ** I have been informed by someone who purchased one that the pen cannot be reconfigured as the "shorty" version shown below **

20140427062243-4381a92b-me.jpg

(Photo courtesy of PK Design Lab on Facebook)

Last edited:

Kilroytheknifesnob

Newly Enlightened
That is absolutely ridiculous. While it has some tactical styling cues, and is kinda cool looking, it's actual functionality as a self defense tool is questionable. You're likely to injure your hand on all those knobs as you try to ward off an assailant. Writing with that doesn't look like it'd be comfortable either. Something like the Beretta TKX is a useful self-defense tool, in addition to being a useful writing instrument.

ven

Flashaholic
That is absolutely ridiculous. While it has some tactical styling cues, and is kinda cool looking, it's actual functionality as a self defense tool is questionable. You're likely to injure your hand on all those knobs as you try to ward off an assailant. Writing with that doesn't look like it'd be comfortable either. Something like the Beretta TKX is a useful self-defense tool, in addition to being a useful writing instrument.

I think because its designed by a highly talented and respected member PK ,that alone adds significant appeal:)

PapaLumen

Enlightened
The UK laws are quite strict on people carrying weapons and that is a weapon and you would be arrested.It is all very well having fancy looking weapons but knowing what to do with it is not so easy to most.Myself i prefer the more discrete tactical pen because the chance of getting away with carrying it would be easier if stopped by a busy.

No you wouldn't. If it were a knife or a gun maybe.

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
Really, this is offered by the most prolific flashlight engineer/designer to date, who gave us some of our most beloved lights! you could show a little respect for this man. If it is not your thing, fine. I like it and Mr. Kim deserves a little more respect than some of you have tossed about.

I use my real name on here, I wish that was the order.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
mcnair55, you've made your position on this very clear via a number of posts here, one being somewhat borderline. Please don't derail this discussion thread.
Best regards,

Last edited:

pk

Photon King
I can't remember seeing these for sale yet. His new flashlight was released first in Hong Kong so it's possible they could be for sale there.
One neat feature of the pen is that it can be reconfigured as a "shorty." Just imagine if PK comes out with a full line of tactical pens and they share parts compatibility . . . LEGO anyone? :D

20140427062243-4381a92b-me.jpg

(Photo courtesy of PK Design Lab on Facebook)

Hahaha. LEGO yes. You've got me!
Slow process... but, it's coming. Expect the unexpected..

Last edited:

precisionworks

Flashaholic
Nice. It is just missing a few trits to add a little color. ;) :D
PK can fix that with a few keystrokes & a drop or two of Norland Optical Adhesive.

Nice machine work. My son has a similar pen from one of the high end M1911 makers, can't remember the name. Hidetoshi Nakayama has a full line of high end tac pens but made in a different style. Most of the top pens cost about the same as a McGizmo light.