Perfect Mag Reflector: Cammed Version?

rodfran

Enlightened
Please put me down for two. Is it possible to request one orange peel and one smoothie? I would be willing to pay more for the smoothie. If not, two orange peels will be fine.

SilverLegacy

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
SilverLegacy said:
I would like 7 for fellows in Japan. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Please change my pre-order from 7 to 12.
thanks,

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll take 2 of the orange peel cammed reflectors.

Thanks for doing this Oto!

BC

Otokoyama

Enlightened
Thanks for all of the interest in this. I'll definitely go through with a run. Just waiting on quotes for various options.

With a two-piece version like the prototype, it would be easier to make both cammed and camless from a single larger quantity of stock. A number of people missed the camless offer. The cammed version would weigh slightly more, but this is not significant compared to the entire weight of the light. This shifts a bit more work to me, but the overall cost would be the same.

A number of people have asked for smooth reflectors. I am hoping that Carley doesn't distinguish between finished (either smooth or orange peel) when determining total quality, or the smooth will obviously cost more than the orange peel.

I'll post final price and configuration information in an offer thread as soon as I have quotes.

RussH

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Otokoyama said:

I've completed engineering diagrams of the various options, and will email that to Carley tonight. I expect to have quotes on the various options, make some choices, and start the real offer by Friday, getting the final order in by Tuesday October 14th.

OTO, I previously requested 2, orange peel, cammed. Please bump that up to quantity 3. I would also like to buy 4 of your Acrylite Mag-lite Lenses. I would like to make just one order and I don't mind if you ship all of this together even if it takes a couple of months.

I may not be able to order by Tue, Oct. 14 deadline since I will be out of town from 9th PM - 14th or 15th. But I'm definitely prepared to PayPal you as soon as you get a price. In fact, if you like, I'll PayPal a deposit.

RussH

I'm guessing that the most cost effective approach will be a removable cam held in place with a set screw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Squid

Newly Enlightened
I would be interested in two (maybe three) orange peel cammed reflectors.

Sproing

Newly Enlightened
Otoko,

If you do offer smooth cammed reflectors, I would like to add one to my order of 2 orange peel cammed reflectors.

Thanks.

TheBeam

Enlightened
Please, do offer a smooth version sometime. If you are going to do this now I need to double my order.

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll get 2 orange peel camless, 1 smooth camless and 1 orange peel cammed.

Thanks.

Alan

Otokoyama

Enlightened
No quote from Carley yet, though word that there's no unit price difference going from 100 to 200 units.

TheBeam

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Otokoyama said:

I'm guessing that the most cost effective approach will be a removable cam held in place with a set screw.

[/ QUOTE ]

How easy will this be? From your picture on page 3, I didn't see a way too unscrew it. Is the screw on the inside?

Otokoyama

Enlightened
No quote this week. Carley is expecting early next week.

TheBeam: There's a set screw that can be seen on the side.

Latest posts