Picking one light only

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got the Peak Eiger (Nichia and QTC) a while ago and really liking it. Don't need a big light anymore and this seems to do all I need, especially very low output for night time travel.
66uMGVOl.jpg

Oh those sound real nice! I generally try to avoid spending that much on a keychain light but one with the high CRI (is it a 219C?) and the stainless body would be pretty damn perfect! Also, how is the beam profile of the medium vs wide optics?

Vemice

Enlightened
Oh those sound real nice! I generally try to avoid spending that much on a keychain light but one with the high CRI (is it a 219C?) and the stainless body would be pretty damn perfect! Also, how is the beam profile of the medium vs wide optics?
I believe it is a 219C. They said Nichia and I didn't ask. I went with a moderate flood; not too much. I think they only offered medium and narrow.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast

Here you go,just a tease!
This one is a looker for sure and I mean just too as it does not work and never has.
But it is beautiful!
This one is a 219 Mule optic.

5e436ad391def786bdf4e304eedd0fad.jpg

Monocrom

Flashaholic
One light just ain't cutting it. But okay, let's have some fun with this "What if" scenario....

Fenix PD35 Tac. model.

You can use it as a true tactical light (ironically by putting it in Outdoor mode and making sure Turbo is the last setting you switched it off at). A good selection of other brightness levels for every sort of lighting task imaginable. And easily carry it with you everywhere you go.

Heck, leave it on in Turbo mode for over a minute, and you even have a great hand warmer! (Yeah, don't actually do that.)

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is tough for me as each light I have does a specific job....

It would have to be my headlamp. I would want to be hands free when doing things at night...so my Thrunite TH20 that runs on a single AA cell.

Sabrewulf

Newly Enlightened
For me it would be my lumintop tool modified by VN.
Plenty of modes and 600 lumens when I need it, works great for everyday uses, why it stays in my pockets and the others are for random needs.

g4dg3t5

Newly Enlightened
I have come back to this thread several times(today alone) and read what others are putting. I honestly can not name one light, its impossible. Too many variables in them, some i prefer X others Y and the size of Z.

I would have to agree... it's like asking if you had to carry one knife, or one gun, or one bottle of whisky.

kamagong

Newly Enlightened
Would it be cheating to say a Z2 with a dozen or so different drop-ins?

scout24

Flashaholic
In the unlikely event that I had to downsize to one flashlight, I'd rebel and keep two. My HDS executive 219b 4500K R9080 and my Malkoff Hound Dog 18650 in neutral.

(Might stash one or two more in a pocket or pack if no one else was counting.)

From a practical, usable, most-bases-covered standpoint. I think you might win. 99.99% of my daily use could be covered by those two if I were honest with myself. But what fun would that be? :)