Post your Damascus, mokume gane, etc. lights!

magellan

Honorary Aussie
You have an amazing collection Magellan, I hope to see all of it some day!:) Here is a shot of nearly all versions of the Nucleus, even some of the prototypes or oddities that has never been offered for sale. The "Hydra" is a double-headed Nucleus, with Nichia 219b on one end and xp-g2 on the other. They turn on at the same time. The red one is a cree xp-e, and the blue one is a 219b

View attachment 5108

View attachment 5109

View attachment 5110

Very interesting, George. Thanks for showing those rare protos.

magellan

Honorary Aussie
An updated photo of my mokume and Timascus lights, showing some new mokume lights.

The new ones are all from Photon Fanatic:

1. In the middle, a one of a kind CR123A light (somewhat similar to the original "Blocky Boy")
2. An etched Kuukuu AAA
3. Polished and etched Kuukuu AAA

Last edited:

easilyled

Flashaholic
That's a very special and beautiful collection, magellan. Its interesting to see how many different finishes your MG lights have.

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Thanks. And you're right, Fred gave some thought to the finish of the new lights, and ended up polishing the flat surfaces on two of the grooved lights, but etching the grooves, and completely etching the other one (one of the Kuukuu's), similar to the first MG light I got from him (which is the smooth one without the grooves).I just took another photo which I think turned out better, except that Photobucket seems to periodically do some sort of updating and the IMG links stop working. But here's the URL until I can post the photo.

http://i1166.photobucket.com/albums/q615/magellan500/IMG_5138_zpsol8jsaor.jpeg

Last edited:

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
Incredible, magellan. I love them all! Your centerpiece by Fred really stands out, and I've longed for an Opus-Timascus since I was a wee lad. Alas, I have settled for secondhand copper.

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Thanks, wimmer. Fred's lights are special for sure. There's one more of his that I covet, which is the Blue Boy and it's gorgeous (Egginator posted a photo of his in post #53). But at $1500 it's not cheap. These new ones also came with very fine, very deep threads. You have to be careful screwing the head back on, but it makes for an amazingly smooth action. I'll have to take a photo and post it.

Last edited:

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast
tnc-ul-dragon-800.jpg

Gun Runner II

Newly Enlightened
Very Cool Lights!!! Need to do a little more homework on this site. Some really nice Lights out there.