Protected 16340s for M6 MB20

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've always thought of Nightcore as pretty much junk. Have they improved lately?
"Have you stopped beating your wife"? :)

Don't answer that. You just reminded me of an old lawyer joke - probably picked it up from my Grandfather.

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
They don't make what exactly we want but this looks like smaller M6
For use unmodified M6 body you can use pair of 26350 batteries with shorter run time and limited current draw.

ChipDale

Newly Enlightened
They don't make what exactly we want but this looks like smaller M6
For use unmodified M6 body you can use pair of 26350 batteries with shorter run time and limited current draw.
Since I like copper / brass / titanium flashlights, gold-plated 2x26500 strongly attracts me, though I can't afford it...

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
As the seller started selling Keeppower RCR123AR which bears 5A current though it is protected, I have ordered 6. I think I can try M6/IMR-M6 and M2/IMR-9 with the batteries within a week.
Look forward to hearing it. I have some other 2.5A 16340s on the way, but only 2. So I will at least be able to see if they fit or not

ChipDale

Newly Enlightened
Look forward to hearing it. I have some other 2.5A 16340s on the way, but only 2. So I will at least be able to see if they fit or not
I will report the result here. Also, I'm interested in Vapcell INR16340 T6 (6A CDR) and T8 (3A CDR). If Keeppower RCR123AR doesn't fit M6, I may get and try Vapcell.

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will report the result here. Also, I'm interested in Vapcell INR16340 T6 (6A CDR) and T8 (3A CDR). If Keeppower RCR123AR doesn't fit M6, I may get and try Vapcell.
The T6 were the ones I was looking at. It's just that this light gets so little use that I have no issues just running primaries in it. So I have not been willing to buy cells yet

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Speaking of Keeppower, I've noted that they release new cells with unusually high frequency, and are very popular amongst the CPF gang. My only question is why availability is so extremely limited in the U.S. I pulled up their global distributor map, and it shows but one red dot in the U.S. (who is very near my old Zip Code, and from whom I have ordered once in the past).

My question is simply: Why does it appear that none of the long established, well known U.S. cell / battery specialty suppliers (apparently) sell them? Does anyone have a theory?

ebuchner

Newly Enlightened

Lips

Flashlight Enthusiast
FYI
All Nitecore products On sale 25% off today only at Battery Junction...

Nitecore25.jpg

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last edited: