• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

R50vn - Best 26650 Light

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Post 1 updated!

Very impressive light. In a class of its own really. Review video and outdoor night beam shot is a must for this light. Love the UI too!

ohitsjerico

Newly Enlightened
Is upgrading the battery to a KeepPower 26650 (5200 mAh) worth losing the built-in USB charging capability? What are the runtimes with the factory setup?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Is upgrading the battery to a KeepPower 26650 (5200 mAh) worth losing the built-in USB charging capability? What are the runtimes with the factory setup?

I do not test runtines. Battery decision is really up to u. There are 5200mah cells that will work fine. Most people dont use built in usb charging but its nice to have.

Capolini

Banned
What about an LED that throws more? My TX25C2vn V3 DD SINGLE MODE IS ~80kCD,,,,much smaller light,w/ less lumens.

This puts out a lot of lumens but I guess the XHP50 is more of a lumen monster,not much throw.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a feeling that the R50 PRO XHP70 will never be produced and released. Anyone know if my feeling is incorrect?

cclin

Newly Enlightened
may I ask why not use Shave Dome XHP70 for Spec 2?:shrug:

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know right?! Vinh can release the pro version before olight actually does.
It might not be that simple. For example, when the TN36 was released, Vinh provided XHP70 emitters and boosted it. A few months or so later, the TN36UT was released. Vinh boosted it. But, Vinh was able to boost UT version to a much higher level than the pre-UT version, with the same emitters.

My thinking is that if the Olight R50 Pro XHP70 3200 lumen factory product ever does materialize, Vinh will be able to attain a loftier output spec with it. Anyone can please let me know if my thinking is wrong.

If I ever get informed that the Pro version will never be produced, I will want to latch onto this item.

ven

Flashaholic
If the pro does materialise , the 3200lm or around that will already get hot, boosted to something like 4500lm...Well that's k60vn territory in lumen and that gets quite toasty in minutes and a larger light . I think choice of 5000k or hi cri xhp70 would be the winner for the pro version and drivervn2 or 3 for flexibility along with better heat sinking . UI might be spot on as is though.....

Would make an excellent compact beast(maybe not that much different to this version other than brighter and tint options and maybe more floody)

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I had a late birthday celebration today with a couple of friends. Didn't get any work done. I have taken this light and D45vn every where lately and I have to say these two lights are just so niceeee

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
may I ask why not use Shave Dome XHP70 for Spec 2?:shrug:

Cuz I want A spec with Max Throw and another with max flood and output. I will add more tint options when the light goes officially on sale. I have not torture test so I got no idea if I might have overboost or not. This thing is too bright!!! LOL 2650 ANSI Lumen and 45K lux is really no joke for a light this size. So let me beat it up tomorrow and finalize all the options.

Latest posts