• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

R50vn - Best 26650 Light

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've learned that sometimes a lower capacity cell sometimes DOES produce more output. For example, The king Kong 4000 mAh is their ultimate high drain, while the same 5200 mAh not only has greater capacity but also doesn't push as hard. What can be extra confusing is many or most major sellers don't even list that info in the cell's description... which leads to me spending hours searching the net trying to figure out, then hopefully find available, the highest draining cell so that I can maybe get 46 more lumens ATF.

Anyway yeah I'll take the XHP-50. LOL

ven

Flashaholic
I am sure the higher the mah, the more voltage sag it can suffer. Good old vtc4 2100mah cells are crackers if you dont need crazy run time! ..............oh and they charge quicker too.............see pros and cons with everything :laughing:

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am sure the higher the mah, the more voltage sag it can suffer. Good old vtc4 2100mah cells are crackers if you dont need crazy run time! ..............oh and they charge quicker too.............see pros and cons with everything :laughing:

F-runtime. I need my crackerjacks!

Do you know if they only come in flat tops... I'm about to place my order. I'm serious. lol

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ven it either going to the bathroom or scouring the net for my answer. My money is on the latter.

Hurry I'm about to click paypal!

Sniper2075

Newly Enlightened
This light is closer to what I want than the EC50vn. I was close to buying one of the TM03vn's you posted but didn't like the fact that they used an 18650 cell. Didn't like that they wouldn't say how long you could get the Turbo for, burst isn't a number. I really want to merge the R50vn and the TM03vn, I want the 26650 cell with a tailcap switch with around 2500 to 3000 lumens with some throw at least 40-45k lux. That's my dream light, might pickup this light to make do in the mean time.

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
Side switch > tail clicky

unless you're a cop... or this guy...

little-ceasers-cast.jpg

Sniper2075

Newly Enlightened
Side switch > tail clicky

I would disagree. I'm not a cop but I guess my choosing a light is similar to that of a cop. I carry it as a defensive tool as well as for general illumination, so the tail clicky is much preferred for using the light along with a gun.

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
I understand, and you're correct in that respect. I guess I just don't think that way... heck I don't even lock my doors at night. It's gets lonely here in the country so I welcome the company.

ven

Flashaholic
Think all my 26650's are flat top, sure there will be button tops, check keeppowers out just in case. Easy to sort with a magnet anyway!

Or simply get vinh to add a solder blob.............

ven

Flashaholic
Should be a real nice light steve, you will love the 26650 form factor and find it just feels perfect in hand............real nice girth :naughty: Bonus of 26650 fuel too with pretty much as good as double the mah!

Great LED too, not much not to like, olight are a pretty solid light, nice ano to boot!(not literally)

Oh if you can, charge the cells at 2a, if you have a charger that can, if not use the light USB.............convenient anyway, Just thoughts if 26650 is for you and down the line you get more of that cell sized light. Opus bt c3100 v2.2/3400 do up to 2a on bays 1+4 and 1a across all 4 bays for quicker charging. Tbh its a good charger to have anyway imho............not much over $30 as well........=bargain

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Would not like to pulse 64a through it! but thats not a problem yet............

They should be fine, Sony do some good ones, keeppower are fine too, kinoko and kingkong are two more brands. MKNE i have found fine, but some have not been too happy so wont recommend those...........maybe fakes about.

Neodymium magnets are the ones steve, get maybe 5mm or so and make into a button top. Usually get 5 or 10 for a few $'s , goes without saying care to be taken and make sure in place each time you fit/remove the cell.

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh if you can, charge the cells at 2a, if you have a charger that can, if not use the light USB.............convenient anyway, Just thoughts if 26650 is for you and down the line you get more of that cell sized light. Opus bt c3100 v2.2/3400 do up to 2a on bays 1+4 and 1a across all 4 bays for quicker charging. Tbh its a good charger to have anyway imho............not much over $30 as well........=bargain

You've just opened up another rabbit hole. I will never find my way back home now.

This is all I have... I just stick them in and it's starts flashing. lol

https://postimg.org/image/watw0jmbb/

https://postimg.org/image/m52aecbh3/

ven

Flashaholic
There fine matey, no probs there:thumbsup:

But you can get another if you think you need it that does a higher rate than 1a..................prob wont be an issue for you .

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
Neodymium magnets are the ones steve, get maybe 5mm or so and make into a button top. Usually get 5 or 10 for a few $'s , goes without saying care to be taken and make sure in place each time you fit/remove the cell.

So I buy these then mail them to Vinh and ask him to add solder blob on each? That's doesn't seem very reasonable.

This is becoming too much. I have to lie down for a while.

ven

Flashaholic
So I buy these then mail them to Vinh and ask him to add solder blob on each? That's doesn't seem very reasonable.

This is becoming too much. I have to lie down for a while.

Or get off vinh, yes he can blob em for you, or just get magnets.

ProCharger

Enlightened
I am showing the video was removed by user from youtube? I did not have time to watch it this morning so I was going to finish this evening but it is gone? Or is something messed up on my end?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I am showing the video was removed by user from youtube? I did not have time to watch it this morning so I was going to finish this evening but it is gone? Or is something messed up on my end?

I guess people were upset because I took a sip of wine on video. I just made a new more formal one...Sometimes its not wise to just relax and be genuine/yourself LOL

Last edited: