• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

R50vn - Best 26650 Light

cclin

Newly Enlightened
Can you do this light with the high CRI XHP70?
why would anyone want high CRI XHP70? Don't expect high CRI XHP70 will have nice tint like Nichia B 4k/5K; it has low intensity beam & yellowish tint (much lower than 5c color). IMO, deDome XHP70 is way to go, better throw & more natural white tint.

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
It might not be that simple. For example, when the TN36 was released, Vinh provided XHP70 emitters and boosted it. A few months or so later, the TN36UT was released. Vinh boosted it. But, Vinh was able to boost UT version to a much higher level than the pre-UT version, with the same emitters. The first version can be boosted to the same level as the UT. I was just dumb LOL

My thinking is that if the Olight R50 Pro XHP70 3200 lumen factory product ever does materialize, Vinh will be able to attain a loftier output spec with it. Anyone can please let me know if my thinking is wrong.

If I ever get informed that the Pro version will never be produced, I will want to latch onto this item.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
This light cant handle anymore heat. Its hot as is with my boost.

If the pro does materialise , the 3200lm or around that will already get hot, boosted to something like 4500lm...Well that's k60vn territory in lumen and that gets quite toasty in minutes and a larger light . I think choice of 5000k or hi cri xhp70 would be the winner for the pro version and drivervn2 or 3 for flexibility along with better heat sinking . UI might be spot on as is though.....

Would make an excellent compact beast(maybe not that much different to this version other than brighter and tint options and maybe more floody)

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
OK I found a flaw that some of you guys are not gonan like.. The lowest mode is still too bright...Probably 150-200 Lumen...

This light need to go head to head with the EC50vn...

MikeB.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Problem is this light uses a boost driver for single cell useage, drivervnx is not capable of boosting battery voltage.

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK I found a flaw that some of you guys are not gonan like.. The lowest mode is still too bright...Probably 150-200 Lumen...

This light need to go head to head with the EC50vn...

It would be a fine outdoor light. Probably perfect for raccoon hunters. That low is perfect for walking and the 2500+ is perfect for shining a treed coon. Not every light needs a super low mode. : )

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree with Bigburly. I'm sure liteboy's needs for a low low are reasonable, but I personally rarely find much use for that setting.

SG Hall

Flashlight Enthusiast
It would be a fine outdoor light. Probably perfect for raccoon hunters. That low is perfect for walking and the 2500+ is perfect for shining a treed coon. Not every light needs a super low mode. : )

I use low mode mainly when I forget how to use the UI and scroll through it on my way to turbo! If I'm buying a flame thrower it's not to sneak around my house reading maps with 0.5 of a lumen with it. The new Jetbeam AAA is more the size I look for if I need less light.

"I only have one light and it does everything I need" said no one on CPF ever. :D

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Please hold off on email me about purchasing this light. I am finalizing all details tonight. Just a few more tests!

This light is Great! Just just good. Definitely a must have!

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool. But i am gonna be honest about olight. I had factory olight in the past, and when i turn on the light, it shows red indicator dot light.. Battery were above 3.7v.. It bother me and misleading about voltage level..

i want to find out at what voltage do the red indicator will turn on., thanks

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
I keep my batteries topped off so I will never see that red light. I guess I would prefer it began blinking at 4.0v so I would see it. I'm thinking it might kinda remind me of my trip to Amsterdam.

DMS1970

Enlightened
Just caught this thread. Very excited! Have a stock R50 and love it! I knew this light would overshadow the acebeam. XHP70 and flood for me...

Last edited:

wolfstyle

Enlightened
Other than longer runtime, is there any advantage to running a different 26650? Higher output?

DMS1970

Enlightened
Other than longer runtime, is there any advantage to running a different 26650? Higher output?

I believe it was RICHBUFF?? maybe he can chime in, he noticed higher output in his olight R40 with a 5200mah than he got with the factory battery. Perhaps vihn could confirm with his testing also? 15% more capacity certainly can't hurt output or runtimes.

Last edited:

Latest posts