Ra Clicky Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

luxlover

Banned
Paxxus; Out of interest, where did you see it?
I think paxxus meant that orcinus will be competing with nekolf, dadof6, Henry, and turbodog, all 170Cn owners. I have not seen anything about Henry offering another 170Cn, since orcinus won the opportunity to buy it.

Jeff

LLCoolBeans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Went to see Henry on Tuesday. Apparently, the purple spill on the Cn is completely normal. We compared mine to his personal Clicky and they were nearly identical in tint. That's just how the Osram GD+ emitters are.

I feel a little bit better about it now that I know there is nothing wrong with it. I was expecting a beam similar to my 100Tr Twisty. Had I known about the purple spill when I pre-ordered my Cn, I probably would have ordered one of the SSC based lights, but so be it. It makes a great tactical light anyway, the strobe is quite intense.

shomie911

Enlightened
Went to see Henry on Tuesday. Apparently, the purple spill on the Cn is completely normal. We compared mine to his personal Clicky and they were nearly identical in tint. That's just how the Osram GD+ emitters are.

I feel a little bit better about it now that I know there is nothing wrong with it. I was expecting a beam similar to my 100Tr Twisty. Had I known about the purple spill when I pre-ordered my Cn, I probably would have ordered one of the SSC based lights, but so be it. It makes a great tactical light anyway, the strobe is quite intense.

My spill is white on my Cn and the center hotspot is just slightly whiter.

I'm starting to think I got REALLY lucky, because my beam and tint is better than my 85-Tr, which I thought was good to begin with.

This ones a keeper.

Moka

Enlightened
Shomie your posts actually fill me with a little confidence there, I ordered my roughly the same time as yours and it was sent a couple of days ago :party:
On it's way to australia now, hopefully it doesn't take a long as Ante's :p:devil:

paxxus

Enlightened
Paxxus; Out of interest, where did you see it?
From the link Henry posted in the previous thread. This time it's the 3rd mail, but not many might be aware of this 2nd contest, so what will be my strategy this time :hairpull: :D

Only 5 mins to go now, better get ready!

shomie911

Enlightened
Shomie your posts actually fill me with a little confidence there, I ordered my roughly the same time as yours and it was sent a couple of days ago :party:
On it's way to australia now, hopefully it doesn't take a long as Ante's :p:devil:

Hopefully yours will be as good as mine. :thumbsup:

The Clicky truly is one of the best lights made so far, some of the customs (McGizmo especially) may be better, but the Clicky is pretty damn great for a production light.

paxxus

Enlightened
My spill is white on my Cn and the center hotspot is just slightly whiter.

I'm starting to think I got REALLY lucky, because my beam and tint is better than my 85-Tr, which I thought was good to begin with.

This ones a keeper.
+1

My 140Cn tint and beam is just perfect. Pure white and very useful beam shape. My 100Tr has a slightly purple tint, but my 140Cn is just, well, white. Glad I got the Cn.

shomie911

Enlightened
+1

My 140Cn tint and beam is just perfect. Pure white and very useful beam shape. My 100Tr has a slightly purple tint, but my 140Cn is just, well, white. Glad I got the Cn.

The beamshape is great too. It throws well and has a useful corona around the hotspot and bright spill. I like it even better than the pinpoint dot of the 85-Tr and I loved that beamshape.

I'm definitely a happy customer. :twothumbs

luxlover

Banned
From the link Henry posted in the previous thread. This time it's the 3rd mail, but not many might be aware of this 2nd contest, so what will be my strategy this time. :hairpull: :D

Only 5 mins to go now, better get ready!
How would anybody know when Henry has received another 170Cn for sale? When I posted that there was no contest, it is because I saw no sign of one. I do have the link on the Ra website here, but where on CPF was the notice?..... 170Cn Clicky Contest

Jeff

Moka

Enlightened
I'm actually glad I didn't see this until now... Otherwise my Bank account would be wimpering... lol
I'll stick with waiting for the 140Cn i ordered to arrive, plenty of photon throwing goodness for me =P lol

paxxus

Enlightened
How would anybody know when Henry has received another 170Cn for sale? When I posted that there was no contest, it is because I saw no sign of one. I do have the link on the Ra website here, but where on CPF was the notice?..... 170Cn Clicky Contest

Jeff
It is against CPF rules to do lotteries/raffles/contests etc. Henry was informed of this by a moderator which is why he couldn't post a notice. You'll have to check out the contest link yourself as I believe Henry also originally stated.

Haz

Enlightened
Although it is against the rule to post lotteries/raffles/contests etc, he can post it on his website and not advertise it here.

So i can assume if you check his website and there is a date and time for next contest you can therefore enter, i say no more.

;)

veleno

Enlightened
I just looked at this Italian website, and realized that I know about 10 1/2 words in Italian. The rest is Greek to me!!! :wave: http://cpfitalia.forumup.it/

Ciao,
Jeff

[PROMOTION MODE ON]

Why not take a holiday in Italy to learn the language? Good food, beautiful women, a lot of culture...

[PROMOTION MODE OFF]

:D

A pic not to go off topic... :whistle:

Last edited:

luxlover

Banned
[PROMOTION MODE ON]

Why not take a holiday in Italy to learn the language? Good food, beautiful women, a lot of culture...

[PROMOTION MODE OFF]

:D

A pic not to go off topic... :whistle:

Molto bene, Signore. That was a very clever covert travel sales pitch. My first overseas visit shall be to Firenze, Roma and the Greek Isles. I already love the food, American Italian women and the language. It took be about 2 minutes to realize what was under that beautiful Clicky in the picture. It is a calzone! :eek:oo:

Ciao bella,
Jeff

orcinus

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yeah, like i wrote, all the newer Osram's i've seen are similar. Cold on the outside, warm (and fuzzy) on the inside. Even my Osram Ostar hex.

You have to do a battery runtime test for us.
Since your burst is 170 lumens, it should step down to 120 lumens.
I'd be curious if you can get over 1hr or more of runtime at 120 lumens. :devil:
BTW- My tail is cleaner / scratch free

I plan on doing one as soon as i catch a discrete chunk of free time. Which won't be that soon, the way things are looking up lately...
I'm curious about the runtime as well.

My Clicky is like yours. :duh2:

Hey, didn't you say cour Clicky is the same as mine? It looks pristinely clean and neat in that photo!

In other news, i've just found out my Clicky flickers at lowest 3-4 levels as well. And its locator flash dims when it heats up. :(

The good news is, the rubber boot deflated over the past few days (must either be the ambient temperature or pressure - the pressure rose a few dozen hPa lately) so my Clicky now does a perfect tailstand with no wobble at all.

orcinus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bonus post! *cha-ching*
Extreme close-up shots of the anodization artifacts.

Tail:

3182675869_a9a9be0ccf_o.jpg

Head:

3183513128_93ca444a65_o.jpg

So the chips are indeed on the very edges of knurling, just like Henry wrote. But they're far from being "1 to 2 mils (<0.04mm) in diameter". More like 0.2-0.4mm if the long vertices are 1mm in length.

So far there hasn't been any functional issues with the anodization, i.e. i haven't noticed the chips spreading. But i've mostly been carrying it in a soft pocket by itself so far and took care when using it. We'll see how it holds up in a month or so.

veleno

Enlightened
Hey, didn't you say cour Clicky is the same as mine? It looks pristinely clean and neat in that photo!

It looks good in that photo, but it's exactly like yours.

The good news is, the rubber boot deflated over the past few days

Mine too.

Isn't it a bad sign for the waterproofness? :thinking:

Status
Not open for further replies.