Ra Twisty (HDS Systems) - Part 2

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well that's a start. A full size twisty with pumped up lumens that we are capable of getting now would be sweet! Toughest light HDS has ever made and no switch to go bad. Hey HOGO...........樂樂

Already asked Henry about it. Got the usual response! LOL! Have quite a list of things already on Henry's plate, and either he or I will probably die before it gets done.

moltenmag

Enlightened
Already asked Henry about it. Got the usual response! LOL! Have quite a list of things already on Henry's plate, and either he or I will probably die before it gets done.

Well let's get going on that list then... Let me know if there's anything I can do to help. Really looking forward to the future of HDS Systems... [emoji106]

Mtbmurf

Newly Enlightened
Omg where the heck this thread come from!??!! Love my little ole twisty... dont know much about it but have had it for a few years.... guess i gotta go to pg1 and start readin!

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Well that's a start. A full size twisty with pumped up lumens that we are capable of getting now would be sweet! Toughest light HDS has ever made and no switch to go bad. Hey HOGO...........🤔🤔

Omg where the heck this thread come from!??!! Love my little ole twisty... dont know much about it but have had it for a few years.... guess i gotta go to pg1 and start readin!

Oh well I'n that case read up on how to change the light levels first. Lmao.

emarkd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Better get that rum handy though. I do love my little twisty, its still a great light today and I could see that style making a return. But programming that thing? Wow, um, no thanks. :D

...not that there's a very easy to way to program any twisty. Its just a very difficult UI style for complicated input.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I wonder if acme threads could be used if a new twisty was made? That I think was the weakest link/part of the twisty.i actually wore mine out.

Last edited:

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Yes I remember that one as well.oh well now may be the time to fix the flaws and make it again. Yes I know not going to happen anytime soon if at all but I can dream.it was just sooo solid of a light.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Apart from the On/Off switch you can make the HDS Tactical Rotary behave in a similar way to the RA Twisty. Mine is set for HML, pressing and holding from on reduces the output which is great when doing close up stuff.
P

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone know what this label in the head of my Twisty means?
Thanks,
P

RaLed.jpg

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone know what this label in the head of my Twisty means?
Thanks,
P

If I can remember, I'll ask Henry the specifics on Tuesday. I'm quite sure it has to do with the driver and emitter.
In production, things get put together in batches, so it is good to know exactly what emitter is on a driver before it is potted into a light.