Recommend 1xAAA Light

JLeephoto

Newly Enlightened
I just got cu and Ti versions to replace my old Maratac but don't like the gritty threads on the Ti and the cu seems a bit heavy so the old Maratac still rides on my key ring.

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you don't mind a single mode light, you have the BLF 348 from GearBest with a Nichea 219 emitter in stainless steel. Very nice little light. Or the Streamlight Microstream. Very reliable, been around a long time, I have carried one in my jeans pocket for several years now and have had no problems whatsoever.

I do like the basic Tool, but I would rather have a Nichea emitter, and the cheapest Tool with one is the Copper.

GunnarGG

Enlightened
Streamlight Microstream is a great light and the one that I EDC most.
It does have one "problem" that doesn't fit with the OP,
it is good regulated and shines with what seems to be full power till it suddenly won't start again when battery is dead.
Sounds in OP as it would be better with a light that is less regulated and tapers in brightness or steps down as battery gets low.
I have been using eneloops, maybe it behaves different on primaries.

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Amazon is selling an aluminum Tool with a Nichia LED for $20.
If you don't mind a single mode light, you have the BLF 348 from GearBest with a Nichea 219 emitter in stainless steel. Very nice little light. Or the Streamlight Microstream. Very reliable, been around a long time, I have carried one in my jeans pocket for several years now and have had no problems whatsoever.

I do like the basic Tool, but I would rather have a Nichea emitter, and the cheapest Tool with one is the Copper.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
I do have a SL Microstream. It was always to large for me to EDC, but it is the light I grab to run outside at night.

Since I'm pleased with the size and form factor of the E05, I'm going to get a 2014 version and try that.

gustophersmob

Newly Enlightened
I found the listing, but I am surprised it is there, since the Lumintop web page only lists the aluminum Tool with the Cree emitter. Have you actually purchased an aluminum Tool with the Nichia LED?

i have purchased that one from Amazon and it definitely has the Nichia. The seller is not lumintop, though so it may be a special run or mod. I unscrewed the pull from the head (not glued in on the tool) and if it is a mod, I sure can't tell.

gustophersmob

Newly Enlightened
Amazon has the rayus c01 for $5.90 right now. With the option of a Nichia for the same price. Basically identical to the 1st version e05; single mode ~30 lumens for 3-4 hours runtime. Just got one of these too and the build quality seems nice. On par with lumintop and Olight. Close to fenix.

C7N3M T&T

Newly Enlightened
Hey,
For me it would be between the surefire Titan plus at 300lm on AAA but quite expensive
Or the Ultratac k18 360lm on a lithium cell much cheaper but still good quality

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
jon_slider has been Johnny on the spot when it comes to these Nichia AAA deals for a while now. :twothumbs
Wow, thanks for that! I've wanted a copper flashlight for a long time, and this deal was too good to pass up. Purchased!