• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

SBT90 G2 LED - The 2020 Thrower LED

Patriot

Flashaholic
The link is not available anymore. Is this a light you will be offering your customers?

...yeah and I like it when Vinh leaves those up so that we can use it as a reference resource. Usually I comment on the throw number and can go back and find my posts but I guess I didn't comment on that one. Was it 60Kcd or there about?

EDIT: Just checked and it wasn't listed in the Flashlight Deals thread either.

Last edited:

Kevin1322

Flashlight Enthusiast
...yeah and I like it when Vinh leaves those up so that we can use it as a reference resource. Usually I comment on the throw number and can go back and find my posts but I guess I didn't comment on that one. Was it 60Kcd or there about?

EDIT: Just checked and it wasn't listed in the Flashlight Deals thread either.
I know it was in the "one off" section, but I don't remember what the lux and lumens were.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Whereever possible you must bond the SBT90 MCPCB to the copper or brass pill/shell with solder. Fill in all of the side voids with solder to improve futher heat transfer . Makes a big diff VS the best thermal adhesive.FW3Tvn90

https://skylumen.com/collections/one-off/products/one-off-fw3tvn90

d6bWtF7.jpg

Last edited:

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
Always 1st class construction, Vinh. It seems easy to make lights bright these days, but it's an art to make them handle the associated heat.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's a lot that could have gone wrong here but didn't. A testament to Vinh's skills. And bravery!

Whereever possible you must bond the SBT90 MCPCB to the copper or brass pill/shell with solder. Fill in all of the side voids with solder to improve futher heat transfer . Makes a big diff VS the best thermal adhesive.FW3Tvn90

https://skylumen.com/collections/one-off/products/one-off-fw3tvn90

d6bWtF7.jpg

Enlightened
Got these two beauties today. Both with SBT90.2 :thumbsup: Stand by for beamshots.

37352-D9-F-F7-C8-4-F29-9-FC9-CC5-E7-F18211-C.jpg

C5-FA3-CDD-B171-4026-9-EB4-DEA1-D3-C99-BAB.jpg

Last edited:

AmericanDissent

Enlightened
Vinh made me a custom SBT90.2 P60 module with reduced current in order to work with a forward click switch, which is a necessity on a weapon light. Also had it potted for extra durability. This is a Solarforce HAIII body, Cryos cooling bezel, and a Surefire tail cap with McClicky forward switch. The mount is a LaRue offset flashlight mount. Running off an LG 3500mah it produces impressive output, a very noticeable gain over the SST40 HD drop in.

GM0TuCo.jpg

6QUyKnA.jpg

NZbJMSa.jpg

aj2qFhu.jpg

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I set Turbo timer and thermal regulation pretty aggressive. You may turn it back as you see fit for your work.

Vinh made me a custom SBT90.2 P60 module with reduced current in order to work with a forward click switch, which is a necessity on a weapon light. Also had it potted for extra durability. This is a Solarforce HAIII body, Cryos cooling bezel, and a Surefire tail cap with McClicky forward switch. The mount is a LaRue offset flashlight mount. Running off an LG 3500mah it produces impressive output, a very noticeable gain over the SST40 HD drop in.

GM0TuCo.jpg

6QUyKnA.jpg

NZbJMSa.jpg

aj2qFhu.jpg

AmericanDissent

Enlightened
I set Turbo timer and thermal regulation pretty aggressive. You may turn it back as you see fit for your work.

I'll definitely mess around with it at some point. In its current role, I have it in mode 10-1-1 (turbo only) and it's used for quick scanning and rarely stays on more than 5 seconds at a time, so it probably won't be something I notice much. I obviously don't care how hot it gets, beyond damaging itself, as I only ever touch the rubber boot.

Enlightened
Nice moonlight too

Edit - I've been trying to take beam shots and they turn out like crap. But this led is seriously bright. The SL2c is brighter than any of the 18350 triples I've tried.

D8-BDB830-B128-4099-B988-4-A18204868-FF.jpg

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
  • Max @ 2s Performance: 5000L, 100Kcd, 633m Throw
  • Stunning specs!
  • Brightest single cell SBT90 light!
  • Excellent throw too!
  • SBT90 5700K De-Lens

30h1oFq.jpg

O4UcQqR.jpg

jrgold

Enlightened
  • Max @ 2s Performance: 5000L, 100Kcd, 633m Throw
  • Stunning specs!
  • Brightest single cell SBT90 light!
  • Excellent throw too!
  • SBT90 5700K De-Lens

30h1oFq.jpg

O4UcQqR.jpg

Is a de-lens the same as a shave dome?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Is a de-lens the same as a shave dome?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

De-Dome = Peeling off the silicone like soft dome = greenish neutral tint with max led die exposure and reduced beam angle, ~ 5-10% lumen drop but about 50-70% increased intensity
Shave Dome = Slicing off the silicone like soft dome = Retain factory tint = Retain factory tint, 10% loss in lumen but about 30-50% increased in intensity
De-Lens = Removing a glass box cover over the LED die = more pure white tint + ~5% increased in lumen