Should I buy this EagleTac MX25L3C XP-G2 3500 Lumen flashlight?

OttaMattaPia

Newly Enlightened
Seems that $89.95 is a very good price for an extremely bright light cannon?

And anyone know what the difference is between the "Base" model and "Kit" model ?

wjv

Enlightened
410 meters isn't a whole lot of throw, so if you are looking for throw, there are better choices (Olight SR52UT).

But if your are looking for flood, then it's probably a reasonable choice. Another option is the Olight Mini II Intimidator or some of the Nitecore TM (Tiny Monster) series of lights. I'm sure others here will be able to come up with additional options.

If you go to the goinggear web site, they have video reviews of many of the lights they sell. So you might want to look at some of your options over there. the nice thing about their videos is that they test all of the lights the same way, so you can really compare the light beams and output with each other, opposed to the random videos on YouTube where one guy might shine the beam at a white house at 100 meters, and the next video shines the beam at a brown barn at 150 meters.

BTW: "Kit" usually means that some additional accessories are included like batteries & charger. The EagleTac web site should tell you what is / is not included.

Last edited:

OttaMattaPia

Newly Enlightened
410 meters isn't a whole lot of throw, so if you are looking for throw, there are better choices (Olight SR52UT).

But if your are looking for flood, then it's probably a reasonable choice. Another option is the Olight Mini II Intimidator or some of the Nitecore TM (Tiny Monster) series of lights. I'm sure others here will be able to come up with additional options.

If you go to the goinggear web site, they have video reviews of many of the lights they sell. So you might want to look at some of your options over there. the nice thing about their videos is that they test all of the lights the same way, so you can really compare the light beams and output with each other, opposed to the random videos on YouTube where one guy might shine the beam at a white house at 100 meters, and the next video shines the beam at a brown barn at 150 meters.

BTW: "Kit" usually means that some additional accessories are included like batteries & charger. The EagleTac web site should tell you what is / is not included.

Thanks wjv
That Olight SR52UT sure has a very focused beam.

jprince

Newly Enlightened
I have the MX25L3C i actually got it for my wife and it is a floody throw type beast, she loves it. She has small hands and the MX25L3C fits her hands great, plus it has great run times and is an overall fantastic light. Can't go wrong with this Eagletec light.

OttaMattaPia

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all the excellent info.
Guess I have to decide if I want long distance narrow beam, or medium distance with more area illumination.

I'm leaning towards the latter. 450 meters is still a very long distance and lighting up the area could be handy..

StorminMatt

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you can deal with having somewhat lower output (around 2500 lumens), you might want to look into the Nichia version of this light. 2500 lumens is still REALLY bright. And the 92CRI beam is just AWESOME.

Mathmk7

Newly Enlightened
I have my olight sr mini 2 and even if its a cold tint its very bright abd powerful for its size plus on budgetlightforum I got almost 50$ discount with a popular member there ! Great stuff !

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
OP for what the light does I would say no. You can get 3800 lumens out of the $50 Convoy L6 it is a freaking beast. The SR52UT is a laser though....

StorminMatt

Flashlight Enthusiast
OP for what the light does I would say no. You can get 3800 lumens out of the $50 Convoy L6 it is a freaking beast. The SR52UT is a laser though....

Unless, of course, you get the Nichia version. The XP-G2 offers NOTHING you can't get from the L6. In fact, the L6 is probably BETTER than the XP-G2 version in terms of tint (it even has a neutral option). The Nichia version of the Eagletac, on the other hand, has something to offer that you CAN'T get from the L6 (ie 92 cri).

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is true. I have the neutral white L6 it is utterly blinding and its neutral tint very well done. Agreed, that much power out of Nichias is definitely different and would really be the only reason to spend that kind of cash on that ET...

wjv

Enlightened
The SR52UT is a laser though....

I have one and yes it is. . Rated at 160,000 cd but some of the more technical folks here have measured up to 200,000 cd out of their samples. And having used mine quite a bit, I believe it!

Budman231

Enlightened
Another option for you. I have the Nitecore EC4GT. Incredible throw and very usable spill. Can't say enough good about this light. 2x18650. Give it a look..

Bud

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
EC4GT to my eyes has a surprisingly narrow beam profile. Yes it is a stellar medium sized thrower. The fact that it will run at full output until the cells give out is nothing short of amazing. That being said the Nichia version of the MX23L3C is definitely something very different. The beam out of this ET looks massive. Combine that with very high out put and Nichias that would get me to drop the coin on the light...