Show us your bike light set-up

Cemoi

Enlightened
The tail light is a solid 1 inch diameter bar of acrylic with 2 red leds embeded

How deep did you embed the LEDs in the acrylic?
Did you paste them inside?
What kind of drill bit did you use to drill the acrylic?

crackerkorean

Newly Enlightened
I run one of these on my helmet. I dont see the use in a bar light while using this.
IMG_4778.jpg

trout

Enlightened
This is my new light no pic of it on the bike yet but I have named it the Lumen Liberator because it uses the spare lumens that dont get out of the optics to shine down near the front tyre .

Picture078.jpg

Picture079.jpg

Spec is 6 XPE leds on 10 mm square boards from cutters
2 narrow carclo 10 mm square optics 2 medium optics and 2 eliptical optics
powered by a 14.8 li ion 3600mah battery and a Maxflex driver board.

the all important beamshots .

first shot is with the bottom blanked off so just the optics shining forward

Picture054.jpg

then the front blanked so only the bottom shining down near the wheel.

Picture053.jpg

now with the lot opened up .

Picture055.jpg

and a shot in the woods also

Picture058.jpg

And as this is so new I have not finished the bar mounted one here is the work in progress now I have received a small batch from my local CNC machine shop

lumen-liberator008.jpg

lumen-liberator010.jpg

lumen-liberator012.jpg

Last edited:

crackerkorean

Newly Enlightened
NICE!

What emitters and optics are those using?

Where can those be purchased and how much? :popcorn:
Its a triple P4 with a khatod optic. In the pic the med optics are installed but I ended up using the narrows instead. I think khatod closed their us office so shipping would be horried from them tot he US from italy. I think LED-spot has a similar optic that I need to check out.

I am using a Bflex as the controller with a 14.8v 4200 Li-Ion batt for an easy 4+ hours of run time.

Those housings I had done for me since my machines are small. I would have to order 10 of them and I think they would be about 150 each with button. I tried once to get a order going but bad timing on my part I didnt get any orders.

I am working on a new light that uses a P7. Should be smaller and lighter in weight. I cant wait to try it out.

zen bicycle

Newly Enlightened
Run this on my lid Dual MCE M bin

080309blackfront-1.jpg

And this quad XPe R2 on my front fork with a remote LED switch

IMG_0233.jpg

IMG_0235.jpg

which results in daylight :rolleyes:

crazy-1.jpg

Of course if I am stylin I try and match :D

IMG_0237.jpg

snaps

Newly Enlightened
On the bars - 2 x quad Cutter R2 converted Marwi nightpro alloy MR11 lamps one with narrow optic, one with the medium - powered by a 6.6Ah 14.8v Li ion battery.
On the helmet a triple Cutter R2 with narrow optic powered by a 2.2Ah 14.8v Li ion battery.
All driven @ 1000mA or 350mA with individual switches to the rear, driven by bFlex-V2B to give hi/lo settings & low flash for road use.
Very much on the right side of 2000 lumens, even allowing for loses & I've been >41mph offroad in pitch black darkness with them!
Total weight is under 900g & run time over 3 hours (using low for climbing)

3887423780_300e94a631_b_d.jpg
#
3887425196_f79e491984_b_d.jpg

3887503568_bf7fb378b9_b_d.jpg

Last edited:

Goldigger

Enlightened
This is my new light no pic of it on the bike yet but I have named it the Lumen Liberator because it uses the spare lumens that dont get out of the optics to shine down near the front tyre .

Picture078.jpg

Picture079.jpg

Spec is 6 XPE leds on 10 mm square boards from cutters
2 narrow carclo 10 mm square optics 2 medium optics and 2 eliptical optics