Status
Not open for further replies.

JDM_WAAAT

Newly Enlightened
5728378303_d9dffe04cb_z.jpg

5728931672_ce18d3c699_z.jpg

vincexs

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know if cr123 primaries will rattle in the L2p body? Looking to get a Solarforce L2p soon, thanks!

vincexs

Newly Enlightened
there is a 3mm difference so yes they can rattle. wrap a business card or paper in the tube for a quick, permanent solution.

Thanks! I just remembered that I have a spare Eagletac battery mag. Just ordered a L2p body, now to decide if I'll need more than 1 mode on this light..

SgtCuts

Newly Enlightened
I just ran into this problem with my l2p so I used a rubber tape about 1/16" thick and wrapped it around the batts and this solved the rattling

shao.fu.tzer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's a little Solarforce 9P clone I've been running for a few days... The det ring is in a perfect position for my hand size and that S9 switch or whatever with the stainless steel "bezel" is "da bomb"... just waiting for higher voltage XM-L drop ins so I can run a pair of 18500s... Maybe I should just make one...

IMG_6465_1024x768.jpg

IMG_6464_1024x768.jpg

IMG_6463_1024x768.jpg

IMG_6462_1024x768.jpg

and FYI - I kept it all cheap.. only the det ring extender isn't Solarforce... and it's cheap anyway...

Shao

Last edited:

shao.fu.tzer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh, man... you gotta tell me where you got the grip ring! And see me first if you get tired of the whole setup. <g>

Rich

I got it off an Aurora P60 host... SF thread compatible... I forget the model designation but it also comes with a cool bezel+bezel ring and a square 1-cell body. Unfortunately, the whole light only takes 16mm cells...

Nice set up.

A01 head, L2X body, S9 tailcap and B4. That ain't cheap. :D.

Thanks! ...and it's cheap to me considering the whole setup cost less than a 6PX on Ebay... and I can actually upgrade it somewhere down the line without breaking out the power tools...

EZO

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, love the grip ring too. Just added an S9 to one of my L2P hosts and love what it did for the look and function of the light. Now it needs a new SS bezel. :D With the exception of the SS V2 "lanyard ring" Solarforce doesn't really have a good offering. Maybe it's time to send a suggestion that they bring a good tactical grip ring to their line? They're the kind of company that might just go and do it.

Last edited:

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast
60024801.jpg

Just a ordinary L2P

96192862.jpg

Dual XM-L U2 , Im going to add some 7135 chips to the driver as time permits to see if I cant increase output ..

ATM its all flood , there is no hotspot to speak off , for short to medium range work its just fantastic .

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
96192862.jpg

Dual XM-L U2 , Im going to add some 7135 chips to the driver as time permits to see if I cant increase output ..

ATM its all flood , there is no hotspot to speak off , for short to medium range work its just fantastic .

That is awesome!

CheepSteal

Enlightened
Hey guys, I've been looking through here and I wish to start the Solarforce addiction! I'm looking to buy the L2 in sand with a warm Cree P4 LED drop in. Does anyone know how many lumens the warm drop in produces with one 18650? Also, does it come with the window or do I have to purchase this separately?

Cheers.
P.S. is there anything wrong with ordering from solarforce-sales.com ?

Nokoff

Enlightened
under 200, specs vary a lot with drop- ins, that is a good led, try it and see how you like it.
The sand host, and all SF hosts come with the lens, all you need is a drop-in and battery. Great, maybe the best, drop-ins available on this site too by some vendors and custom builders.
..that site is SF, it's used a lot by members here.
enjoy and post pics when you get it.

Hey guys, I've been looking through here and I wish to start the Solarforce addiction! I'm looking to buy the L2 in sand with a warm Cree P4 LED drop in. Does anyone know how many lumens the warm drop in produces with one 18650? Also, does it come with the window or do I have to purchase this separately?

Cheers.
P.S. is there anything wrong with ordering from solarforce-sales.com ?

ASheep

Enlightened
There are some seriously sweet Solarforce setups here!
Old4570, what kind of lumen output are you looking at with that Dual XM-L?

Here's a pic of my two Solarforces chilling next to the fish pond

DSCN1728.jpg

The L2 on the left has a Red XR-E solarforce dropin, running on a single 18650. The L2m on the right has an A001 head with flush bezel ring, Lumens factory EO-4, PTS-3 tape switch (with electronic clicky and removable tape) all powered off an IMR18350.

The L2m combined with the red drop in may end up on my .22, just for laughs!

Cheers,
Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.