single 123 EDC?

dbwebbsr

Newly Enlightened
Hi all. I did a few searches but none of the older threads had the info I needed.

I recently traded off my E1e/KL1 & now need another similarly sized torch to replace it. I also got an L1P (& like it alot) but certainly there's a bit better in a single 123 package? I recently came across the Jil 1.3 UP in another thread (& PMd a coupla members about it.) Would this be a viable substitute? What else might y'all recommend?

I've owned the E1L, HDS Basic 60, & a few of the older Arc models (LSH-P & 4+.) Never tried the LongBow; I liked the SureFire the most, I think.

I'd prefer a single luxeon, 1x123, w/ a durable clickie tailcap. I'm not turned off by twisties, so I'll entertain info on some quality lights w/ them also. I also prefer a pocket clip over a lanyard, but like the option of either/both.

Thanks in advance for any info!

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you want more flood, more throw or a balance of the 2?

For a balance, a BOG module in a 1 cell Vital Gear body run with a R123 might be a nice way to go. Same thing on a 2 cell Vital Gear is my current 2 cell EDC.

For throw, you could get an Aleph 3 with a U-bin run hard on a 1 cell body.

GadgetTravel

Enlightened
If you want a lot of flood you could consider a KL4 head on an E1 body. Runtime isnt great but it is a lot of light in a flood pattern from a 1 cell body. You could also put a two stage tailcap switch on it to give you two levels. In the last couple months I got a Lion Cub in raw aluminum and an HDS U60 XRGT and they are both fantastic lights with the HDS having a tailcap clickie. Dont think you could go wrong with either or with the other suggestions above. Depends on what is more important, sheer lumens, throw, flood, runtime, etc.

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast
single 123 w/clickie

Ulteon XL-1
Nuwai Q3
Longbow Micra
Lioncub (side clickie w/ muilt levels)
Aurora (side clickie)

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
dbw, since your original lights were/are of the best available you must have some very specific needs.

To my knowledge those lights you mentioned are top quality so maybe we're looking for the same thing: single Li-Ion, multi level/function, looong R-T, small size, smooth, even beam change from laser like spot to bright, functional, flood, inexpensive, top quality, available now & whatever features I didn't mention.

Latest posts