• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sky Lumen Nguyen Flashlight Torture Tests Videos

Andrew82

Newly Enlightened
Time in Min until "too hot to hold": 2.5 minutes
Time in Min until peak temp reached: 3.5 minutes
Can circuitry handle heat nonstop? yes
Max start up lumen:3250
Test ending lumen:2100

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
Time in Min until "too hot to hold" : 5 mins 45 s

Time in Min until peak temp reached: 6 mins

Can circuitry handle heat nonstop? Yes

Max start up lumen: 4500

Test ending lumen: 2900

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Time in Min until "too hot to hold" : 5 mins 45 s

Time in Min until peak temp reached: 6 mins

Max start up lumen: 4500

Test ending lumen: 2900

Look who is here!

daffy

Enlightened
Shots should be center mass where its strongest. If the light survive from the shock then its already too impressive. I personally don't think it can handle 9mm but I haven't handled 7075 either.
Type of round counts as well theres a hell of a lot of handgun and rifle round choices out there, i used to shoot a lot but its so onerous now in AU i gave up long ago.
9mm will definitely make a dent, bullet speeds defeats armour the best so the faster the round the better.
isnt it kind of ridiculous fun to shoot a torch to see how tough it is..send some to Demo ranch...

scout24

Flashaholic
I just talked to my military buddy and he said we can do another Driver Over with one of the MUCH heavier military vehicle! I cant say no to that! This mean we will HAVE TO destroy another production 7075 sample. The question is which serial to be be killed?!

But first may be I can send you the current 6061 sample to be shot at? Do you think you can help us make a video?

Vinh- I will defer to Patriot given that he is closer so results would be quicker. That, and his history of fantastic videos that would make my cellphone vids look like a first grader took them... :)

Adrenaline_6

Newly Enlightened
Time in Min until "too hot to hold" : 3 min 30s

Time in Min until peak temp reached: 5 min

Max start up lumen: 4600

Test ending lumen: 3200

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Time in Min until "too hot to hold" : 3 minutes

Time in Min until peak temp reached: 5 min 30 sec

Max start up lumen: 3900

Test ending lumen: 2500

Patriot

Flashaholic
Vinh- I will defer to Patriot given that he is closer so results would be quicker. That, and his history of fantastic videos that would make my cellphone vids look like a first grader took them... :)

Scout, you had mentioned that you could do it right it your backyard, which I thought was really big plus. I'd be packing gear and headed to the high country since it's still pushing 100F here. Also, I realize this might be time sensitive and since my schedule is already set at work for the month, it really depends on when I received the light and when my days off are. In any case, still in but it probably comes down to timing so I'll have to know what Vinh's requirements are regarding timing and structure of content. Depending on what Vinh needs, I guess we can figure out if you'd be most efficient, dotcpf, me or anyone else.

scout24

Flashaholic
Scout, you had mentioned that you could do it right it your backyard, which I thought was really big plus. I'd be packing gear and headed to the high country since it's still pushing 100F here. Also, I realize this might be time sensitive and since my schedule is already set at work for the month, it really depends on when I received the light and when my days off are. In any case, still in but it probably comes down to timing so I'll have to know what Vinh's requirements are regarding timing and structure of content. Depending on what Vinh needs, I guess we can figure out if you'd be most efficient, dotcpf, me or anyone else.

Patriot-I'll wait for word from Vinh. Thanks for the detailed response!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Test 5: Heat TestTime in Min until "too hot to hold": 7min
Time in Min until peak temp reached: 11in
Can circuitry handle heat nonstop? YES

Max start up lumen: 2650Lumen
Test ending lumen: 1890Lumen

Last edited:

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast

WOW! These numbers look REALLY GOOD!!!:twothumbs

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Not to mention the light has already been tortured into the absolute ground.... I'd imagine a perfectly new host unscathed by the previous 4 torture tests would have even better heat management properties!

I am very glad that 6061 wasnt crushed but at the same time It would be cool to see how a 7075 same fare. Destroying a production one with serial hurts....

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm impressed that the light can sustain the output for that amount of time! What a great light!

Patriot

Flashaholic
Test 5: Heat TestTime in Min until "too hot to hold": 7min
Time in Min until peak temp reached: 11in
Can circuitry handle heat nonstop? YES

Vinh, what causes this light to fall behind a FW3, quad W2 by over 1000 lumens? Is the driver just not capable of pushing the LED's as hard?

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's a FET driver so voltage sag of the battery is literally the the output curve on max output over time. For less output sag you can use an unprotected 21700 that has less resistance and less voltage sag.

For flat regulation you will need a linear driver.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Vinh, what causes this light to fall behind a FW3, quad W2 by over 1000 lumens? Is the driver just not capable of pushing the LED's as hard?

There is likely resistance that needs to be improved as it should be brighter on Max. So the Protected Manker is not very high drain.