• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

So... who scored during today's drop?

Ferrariblades

Newly Enlightened
Mine came today, I absolutely love it!
75b352c3011223c7d33e6e0dd7844ea5.jpg

xdayv

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been told... (I realize that just because I started this thread doesn't mean I have to reply to every question, but people say I have a big mouth, so...)... I've been told that trits are easy to install inside drilled optics... no Norland 61 required. So I ordered drilled optics, BUT, since I have no idea how to get to the darn things I'm quite sure there will never be any trits in my Ti TinyDC. :laughing:

Someone pointed me to B@rt over here at CPF, he has an ongoing sales thread. HTH.

Add: upon reading again... am not sure if you meant how to install the drilled optics to the TinyDC? I don't know how is it done too, anyone can share how to?

Last edited:

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
Someone pointed me to B@rt over here at CPF, he has an ongoing sales thread. HTH.

Add: upon reading again... am not sure if you meant how to install the drilled optics to the TinyDC? I don't know how is it done too, anyone can share how to?

I have trits from Bart. What I don't know, is how to get to the optics in order to insert the trits. I think you need tools and stuff for that. I'm not handy with tools.

the0dore3524

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have trits from Bart. What I don't know, is how to get to the optics in order to insert the trits. I think you need tools and stuff for that. I'm not handy with tools.

The pegs are hollow, so maybe you just push them in and then put the optic back on? All you really need to do is unscrew the pill using the two little indentations to get out the original optic and replace it with the drilled one.

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
The pegs are hollow, so maybe you just push them in and then put the optic back on?

Yes I'm sure it's easy to push the trits into the drilled slots, as long as you have the correct size vials.

All you really need to do is unscrew the pill using the two little indentations to get out the original optic and replace it with the drilled one.

Oh yeah it's easy... I'm trying that on my aluminum TinyDC as we speak. I'll be modding lights in few months... keep a look out for my new subforum.

Oops 2 trits just fell right out. Subforum idea on hold for now.

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
How was B@rt's 1.55 x 5mm vials, did they fit well? Why did if fall?

The trits that fell out were the ones in my TinyDC, which I got secondhand last year. The light already had drilled optics with trits installed. Tonight I was practicing on that light to see if I could indeed reach the optics on my new TinyDC (which hasn't yet arrived).

Like I said, it turned out to be very ease. However, when you unscrew the pill, as I found, you might want to keep the head slightly upright so that, as the optics move away from the lens, the trits don't fall into the head. It was no big deal... I just picked them up and slid them right back in place, then carefully returned the pill to it's home. :) But I need to order more trits from Bart, so thanks for reminding me. Yes his vials are of good quality, but don't be in a big hurry because it takes a few weeks to get them. I should've ordered more the last time.

EDIT: I believe 1.55 x 5mm is the correct size, and are what's in my TinyDC, but we need to ask someone who knows for sure. I would say Jeff but last I saw him he was pulling wheelies on his mountain bike. Gunga can probably tell us.

Last edited:

gunga

Flashaholic
The optic is drilled on the front for trits. It's like $25 or so extra. The vials go in and the lens fits in top of the optic to hold the trits in. You have to be careful reassembling everything or stuff can fall out. Never tighten the pill down without first ensuring the optic is properly lined up with the LEDS. If it is not, and you crank it down, you will most likely rip the domes off.

Adding trits is not hard, just be slow and steady.

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
now off to your new subforum! :eek:

Yeah my first de-doming went pretty well. haha

But seriously I'm extremely lucky I didn't rip the domes off like Gunga warned... because I didn't line up anything. I just screwed it back in, then proceeded to inform CPF how it's done. No one should ever listen to me.

Atlas1911

Newly Enlightened
Yeah my first de-doming went pretty well. haha

But seriously I'm extremely lucky I didn't rip the domes off like Gunga warned... because I didn't line up anything. I just screwed it back in, then proceeded to inform CPF how it's done. No one should ever listen to me.

is there a link or thread to this?, Gunga?

Atlas1911

Newly Enlightened
I'm good, got it figured out. Now just need the tape,oh, and my Okluma. Stalking the poor mail guy every day. Lol