Someone to Install Trits in 2 HDS ACME Bezels

Cpl S

Newly Enlightened
Unfortunately, I missed all 3 preorder periods. I'll have to try to score the brass and Ti when they've shipped preorders. Then try to grab a bronze from the marketplace. I'm sure that will end up being an exercise in futility.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
well, at least youre having fun buying up the last 3 HDS lights on the Marketplace
but
that Ra Clicky wont help you use up those Acme bezels.. ;-)

Wishing you tons of smiles, enjoy the lights!

I enjoy your photos very much, keep em coming!

Last edited:

Cpl S

Newly Enlightened
At least I'm pacing myself ;) my girlfriend thinks I'm trying to catch up to Thermal Guy. She's always been too smart for her own good.

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
@Cpl S
The Titanium and Brass Rotary will be available in January / Febuary 2019.

If I remember correctly for the Brass Rotary 20-24 units were left after the preorder signup phase. There are 42 units in total.
The Bronze HDS there are only 20 units, and I am pretty sure this devices will be very rare, and hard fo find. I do not think you will see this light very often on the marketplace. There will only 18 possible Bronze Rotaries that may be available on the Marketplace.... :D
The Titanium HDS, I do not know how much units are made in total. But I am pretty sure you will have a good chance getting one in January 2019. Most people were using the preorder phase grabbing the Ti Rotary.

Btw. cool HDS collection. :thumbsup:

If you are having too much of your Titanium bezels, and you do not want all of your 8 pieces I'd get one or two. :D

Last edited:

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
For further reading entertainment, here are some past conversations about tritiums and flashlights

TimeOnTarget said:
kaichu dento said:
RCS1300 said:
I tried larger trits but they are too bright in pitch black conditions.
The reason I do not mount trits directly on the light is that I do not want to give away my position at night.

the link for what I purchase.

I started really getting into trits a few years ago but started getting rid of them when I realized how annoying they were. They look great and can be fine for locating your light, but too bright in many instances, especially now that we've got moonlight levels so readily available.
UMZgvrK.jpg

the best non-trit that I have ever found.

There is also talk about banning tritiums... (so stock up now!) LOL!

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Omg what next? They going to ban depleted uranium in A10s? LolThere is nothing dangerous about this you could carry a pound of it in you pocket 24/7 and be fine.

Cpl S

Newly Enlightened
If you are having too much of your Titanium bezels, and you do not want all of your 8 pieces I'd get one or two. :D

All 9 bezels are stainless. I could probably let a few go. If there was enough interest, I could see if the CNC company would be willing to make another batch. He actually made 2 styles. The style I have, which is fluted and just a bit fatter than the light at 1.0625" wide. The other was 1.0" with tritium slots around the head. I'll see if I can find a pick of them together.

s3m0yx.jpg

Last edited:

Cpl S

Newly Enlightened
No those flutes won't stop it from rolling. You can give the light a slight push on a flat surface and can hear it "click click click" as the flutes roll. When the light slows way way down, it will eventually stop on a fluted section. But I don't want anyone to think this bezel solves that problem. I think the longer head of the rotary set-screw would be better at stopping the light from rolling off the table.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
No those flutes won't stop it from rolling. You can give the light a slight push on a flat surface and can hear it "click click click" as the flutes roll. When the light slows way way down, it will eventually stop on a fluted section. But I don't want anyone to think this bezel solves that problem. I think the longer head of the rotary set-screw would be better at stopping the light from rolling off the table.

thanks for all the fun details :)

congrats on your Ti Clicky too!
thermal guy was kind to leave it on the table for you :)
kid9p said:

Last edited:

Cpl S

Newly Enlightened
Thank you, sir! I feel most humble and blessed that I'll get to be the next custodian of the light:)

thermal guy

Flashaholic
thanks for all the fun details :)

congrats on your Ti Clicky too!
thermal guy was kind to leave it on the table for you :)

Oh I was close on that one trust me. I was doing some serious math in my head but couldn't swing the numbers so close after Christmas. But I will own one someday. And yes congrats cpl s. You got the best right there.

Cpl S

Newly Enlightened
All I need now is the Ti Rotary and that super exclusive Ti Twisty and I can shut my computer down and switch to collecting stamps or butterflies. LOL

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Oh a ti twisty! Yes would love that one as well probably the rarest of them all

Latest posts