Someone to Install Trits in 2 HDS ACME Bezels

Hondo

Flashlight Enthusiast
This article was written nearly 9 years ago. I'm thinking this proposal has been squashed by now.

Funny, if you'd stocked up then, they would be barely visible now. They rate them for 10 years, which is generous. I have a couple of night sights from the late 80's powered by tritium. They went dark decades ago. Enjoy them while you can, but stockpiling for the future is a bad plan.

Cpl S

Newly Enlightened
I'm fine with swapping out the tritium vials once every 10 years. At $6 each, it's not that expensive when you consider they stay glowing for an entire decade or more. If glow powders or resins get significantly better in the years to come, I'll be happy to dig the tritium out of my lights and give them a try. but even the ones that say they last up to 12 hours are lucky to last 1 hour. The cost difference just doesn't justify making the switch for me.

Cpl S

Newly Enlightened
Glow powders just can't do this. I'm OK with digging these out and replacing them every 5 to 10 years.

bezel 1.jpg

Last edited:

Hondo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did not mean to dis trits on lights - I was just referring back to jon slider's comment about stocking up on them, based on an article about a potential tritium ban, from 9 years ago. It seemed ironic as reacting that way to the article then would have netted you a pile of dead trits now. So, like batteries, they are a consumable (that can't be turned off to extend their life).

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Im also not disrespecting trits..

enjoy whatever glow locator device makes you happy

trits are very pretty

Cpl S

Newly Enlightened
Thank You! I appreciate it, sir. yourlittlecncshop did a really nice job with those stainless bezels.

PM me if you need one.

Sos24

Enlightened

All 9 bezels are stainless. I could probably let a few go. If there was enough interest, I could see if the CNC company would be willing to make another batch. He actually made 2 styles. The style I have, which is fluted and just a bit fatter than the light at 1.0625" wide. The other was 1.0" with tritium slots around the head. I'll see if I can find a pick of them together.

I have one of the fluted ones that I purchased after seeing them on here and I really like it. After seeing how it came out, I was going to get one of the other style for my edc light, but they were all sold out. When I emailed YourLittleCNCShop, he said he probably wouldn't do another run unless he felt there was enough interest.

klackey

Enlightened
Just a FYI: I have been in a little contact with "YourlittleCNCshop" and they are gearing up for another bezel run
*** New production run beginning Q2 2019 *** Both types. Good stuff....