SPORTAC® P60 drop-ins ©2014 Eagtac™ LLC

DAN92

Enlightened
Re: SPORTAC® P60 drop-ins ©2014 Eagtac LLC

I received my two drop-ins Sportac for Surefire.

XP-G2 S2 triple (cool white) and XM-L2 U2 (Cool white), Surefire 6P (Tailcap McClicky).

sporta10.jpg

Last edited:

flashlight chronic

Enlightened

Got my triple XPG2 in the mail today. Very fast shipping! Hotspot is tighter than the Nichia. Now i gotta wait till dark to test it out.

riccardo

Enlightened
SPORTAC® P60 drop-ins ©2014 Eagtac LLC

Is the XM-L easy to disassemble?

The pills look nice and they are not expensive, may be they are a good base for customisations..

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nice pics, the drop-ins look great for sure. I am still waiting for someone to have the 18650 version of the triple Nichia. So far I can only find the Surefire host triple but I am not in a huge rush.

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast

Still nothing on whether or not the drop in optics are sealed (waterproof), like the Malkoff M60?

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast

Still nothing on whether or not the drop in optics are sealed (waterproof), like the Malkoff M60?

if no one responds with a definitive answer by the time I take the plunge (lol?) and buy a triple and a single, I may [potentially] sacrifice one in the name of science/CPF.

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast

if no one responds with a definitive answer by the time I take the plunge (lol?) and buy a triple and a single, I may [potentially] sacrifice one in the name of science/CPF.

I would say it is very unlikely that these have any water resistance when not in a host. The reason I say this is two fold. First, these are designed to go inside hosts which should have proper water resistance with o-rings in the usual places: tailcap/body, head/body, and lens/bezel/head. Second, if they were able to withstand any water they would likely advertise that because it is a selling point. I don't see any mention so it is best to assume they are not water resistant to be on the safe side.

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast

Please don't waste a drop in for me! I would feel terrible.

I would say it is very unlikely that these have any water resistance when not in a host. The reason I say this is two fold. First, these are designed to go inside hosts which should have proper water resistance with o-rings in the usual places: tailcap/body, head/body, and lens/bezel/head. Second, if they were able to withstand any water they would likely advertise that because it is a selling point. I don't see any mention so it is best to assume they are not water resistant to be on the safe side.

I was hoping to hear more from either a dealer that is selling them or the company rep from Sportac as to the weather proofness. I am under the same impressions as you regarding the safety of the host with o-rings for water proofness. I was just more curious than ever, seeing the optics at the end that looked somewhat like the Malkoff M60.

riccardo

Enlightened
SPORTAC® P60 drop-ins ©2014 Eagtac LLC

It have been posted that triples lack any kind of sealing around optics.
So, no, it's not waterproof..

T45

Enlightened

I received my two drop-ins Sportac for Surefire.

XP-G2 S2 triple (cool white) and XM-L2 U2 (Cool white), Surefire 6P (Tailcap McClicky).

sporta10.jpg

How was the fit? Any gap?

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast

+

re: Waterproofing

If you use a standard contact spring with the SF unit, the gap is less.
So use an o-ring to fill the gap & the head and bezel will be totally waterproof.....done

__________________________^ I have a cool xm-l2 w/ tint filter for pinpoint perfect tint :thumbsup:

Last edited:

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast

Good tip! I do that on most all of my lights. :thumbsup:

nrtv20

Newly Enlightened

So this is my first drop in... I'm putting in into a 502b host; I know it is not the best host to use but, again its my first time. It seems like it is very high quality and the guys at illuminationgear.com have been great.

My question is, are my expectations to high for "1000 lumens" or is my host flashlight holding me back from seeing the true potential of this drop in? I just want a shockingly awesome wow factor and I didn't get it.

I'm also running a 3400mAH ealgetac battery so I should have solid power delivery.

If you are blaming my host, please tell me why and what you would change to?

Thanks!
Nick

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast

^

Nick, your host isn't holding you back (meaning its switch)
the 1000ln ET states is using 2 Li-Ions* @ nearly 8.5V

,,, I'm using a single 3100 ET cell and seeing roughly 700~750ln

It's a strong output, but not host melting:whistle:

*or maybe IMR cells

Last edited:

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast

So this is my first drop in... I'm putting in into a 502b host; I know it is not the best host to use but, again its my first time. It seems like it is very high quality and the guys at illuminationgear.com have been great.

My question is, are my expectations to high for "1000 lumens" or is my host flashlight holding me back from seeing the true potential of this drop in? I just want a shockingly awesome wow factor and I didn't get it.

I'm also running a 3400mAH ealgetac battery so I should have solid power delivery.

If you are blaming my host, please tell me why and what you would change to?

Thanks!
Nick

As orbital stated, you need two li-ion batteries to achieve the full output from what others are saying here. However, the difference should not be night/day but a small increase instead. I am not familiar with your host but I can tell you it is possible for a host to cause less output. Specifically, the switch may not be rated for the current and could be a limiting factor. Also, if the switch has a lot of resistance that could drag the voltage down quite a bit to prevent the drop-in from getting what it needs to produce max output.