SPORTAC® P60 drop-ins ©2014 Eagtac™ LLC

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: SPORTAC® P60 drop-ins ©2014 Eagtac LLC

Just ordered a neutral XML2 module. The 219 triple is very tempting, but I will hold off for now. Maybe they will release some multi mode modules before too long if were lucky.

biglights

Enlightened

Simplicity yes, but with very limited versatility - the only mode is too bright with very short runtime.

Timbo114 got over 2 hours run-time that is not exactly short. Considering that a lot of people will be usually this in short bursts this will last a long time between charges. To bright for you, but obviously not for a lot of other people. Just what I was looking for in a single mode light. I have a ton of multiple level lights that perform the job that I need them to do, as will this.

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast

Initial reports are looking good here, that is nice. I, too, would like to see them also offer 3 mode or 4 mode versions with no blinky stuff. For me personally I would love a moonlight, low, medium, and high drop-in with triple 219. a true moonlight that is less than .1 lumens :) The moonlight mode on my D25A is nice for a regular low mode but still too bright for my dark adapted eyes. Isn't it funny how .5 lumens can be to much?

rje58

Enlightened

Most of us might not be running 2x18650 though....

Timbo114 got over 2 hours run-time that is not exactly short. Considering that a lot of people will be usually this in short bursts this will last a long time between charges. To bright for you, but obviously not for a lot of other people. Just what I was looking for in a single mode light. I have a ton of multiple level lights that perform the job that I need them to do, as will this.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast

Most of us might not be running 2x18650 though....

And that was with a 219 triple, not the XML2 or XPG2 triple. Still, paired with a more multipurpose light using a high CRI, maybe this bright light comes in handy, with plenty of runtime for its purpose.

Last edited:

mkphc

Newly Enlightened

What about a two stage switch? With say 15-20% and 100%
does anyone know of one that will fit a Solarforce reverse clicky
OR
an off the shelf compatible tail cap?

timbo114

Enlightened

Maybe I'll run a single 18650 run time test while I'm on holiday.

Maybe I'll look for my Malkoff hi lo ring, and see if it'll work on this Sportac unit.

OK. I just did the hi lo ring .... it works.
The MD head chokes a bit of the spill on high, but it works on lo - which I think very closely matches my L3 Illumination L10 219 4 mode, on low = 3 lumens

Last edited:

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast

...wow. It goes from "blinding airplanes" bright to 3 lumens with one high/low ring.

And I do have a spare high/low ring lying around. Hmmm. :D

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast

And that was with a 219 triple, not the XML2 or XPG2 triple. Still, paired with a more multipurpose light using a high CRI, maybe this bright light comes in handy, with plenty of runtime for its purpose.
Runtime with XP-G2s should be identical and slightly shorter with XM-L2. If you have a multipurpose light why would you need this drop-in? Because it can do a lot of light for a hour and that's it, it's not very versatile.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast

Runtime with XP-G2s should be identical and slightly shorter with XM-L2. If you have a multipurpose light why would you need this drop-in? Because it can do a lot of light for a hour and that's it, it's not very versatile.

I believe you. The multipurpose light I hope to get soon will have less than 500 lumens OTF and be on a headstrap. This dropin would serve to see farther away or deal with malcontent. Like I said before, am in the process of ordering a 4 mode from Nailbender. Seems like a single level dropin might be more reliable, and nothing wrong with having two dropins in case either one goes dark.

Got the Triple XPG2 S2 today. Beautiful tint. Have some newcomer questions:

used foil to get get the dropin to work in my LU60 adapter for an old Surefire U2 body and a McClicky switch (got the Surefire dropin from goinggear). Is that what people are doing? Using foil?

have an EagTac 3400 protected 18650 and an AW red label 2000mah unprotected. Seems to get hotter, faster with the AW. Does that mean the AW is allowing the dropin to continue to burn brighter over time? These cells are currently at 3.75v for EagTac and 3.80v for the AW. (wanted to test at lower voltage)

am guessing there is no low voltage disconnect with this dropin. Should I use the protected EagTac to play it safe? Or, then, how should I treat the AW in terms of maintaining longevity and avoiding deep discharge? Wait to see a noticeable dimming or mentally calculate a runtime of 40 minutes? Or what?

It is a pleasing, wide hot spot with generous spill.

texas cop

Enlightened

I ordered the 18650 single XM-L2 U2 and the 18650 triple XP-G2 S2. Both leave a .075" gap, keeping the head closing all the way on all SolarForce host; L2, L2M, P1D and L2T. The XM-L draws 2.75 amps from an IMR, the triple draws 2.60 amps. For the price their okay, I would like to see both draw 3 amps even and shortened slightly to properly fit the host.

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast

With several of you all having these in hand now, how about some beam shots :) ?

iqwozpoom

Newly Enlightened

Maybe I'll look for my Malkoff hi lo ring, and see if it'll work on this Sportac unit.

The MD head chokes a bit of the spill on high, but it works on lo - which I think very closely matches my L3 Illumination L10 219 4 mode, on low = 3 lumens

So these will fit in a malkoff host?:clap: Sigh, well no more reasons not to get one.:devil:

Chrisdm

Enlightened

Which model of the dropin fits the Malkoff host, the Surefire version or the generic "18650" version? Thanks,

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast

Has to be the Surefire model. The MD series is designed for the CR123, not the 18650.

timbo114

Enlightened

Which model of the dropin fits the Malkoff host, the Surefire version or the generic "18650" version? Thanks,
The SureFire base is the one that fits the Malkoff head.
The Malkoff head fits 3 different MD bodies - All of of which are bored to fit the 18650 cell, while using 123s as well.
I have the MD2 & MD4 which run 1 or 2 18650 respectively. My MD3 holds 3 123s for my Hound Dog NW head.
The MDC series will not accept the 18650, or any parts from the MD series.

The hi lo ring will work inside the Malkoff head , on ANY MD body tube.