SPORTAC® P60 drop-ins ©2014 Eagtac™ LLC

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Sportac™ P60 drop-ins ©2014 Eagtac LLC

And P60 pills fits right into it?

urrr no not quite !

there is much more room inside the m20 so you just need to space it out however you feel fit, the dropin is 5mm short too, i pushed it up to the glass then had to solder a longer +spring on.

derLichtschalter

Newly Enlightened

Thanks for the information. Will try that out some time...

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks for the information. Will try that out some time...

i really like the M20 for feel size everything, and the old XRE was pathetic now really and i have a M20s G2 for modes and stuff.
i only bought this because i like the olive colour, so changing the pill/ insides was a no brainer really.
it sits on my bedside now / when its not next to the back door. it lights everything up real nice :)
i will try it on my bike nest time i get out too. the beam spread is amazing.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Today I received Sportac triple 219 Nichia. Tried it first in 9P with 2x18500. Then I moved it to my bored Gun Metal 6P with a 17670. I think I will keep it in the Gun Metal 6P and use it with a single cell. That because a single cell will make it possible to know when the battery is going low. No surprise darkness, and the brightness will still be more than adequate even if it becomes lower than with fresh battery.
Impression: beautiful creamy tint and a floody pattern with pretty stepless decrease of brightness towards the sides but still some useful throw. For the price this dropin is a bargain!

About how long do you get on that before a stark dropoff occurs?

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm still really enjoying my XM-L2 neutral

yeah id quite like that in my Z2 i think, i wish they did a malkoff esq L or LL so i can have enough nice tint light for hours on a super reliable single mode set up .

hopefully after seeing how popular these have been they will work on different versions..........

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
About how long do you get on that before a stark dropoff occurs?

It has not yet occured because I have only used it short periods now and then, but according to a runtime graph by member romteb in #457 it shall be around one hour with high capacity cell.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
It has not yet occured because I have only used it short periods now and then, but according to a runtime graph by member romteb in #457 it shall be around one hour with high capacity cell.

Ah thanks. HOw close to 3400mAh can you get with a 17670, or are you planning on switching to an 18650 like in the post 457 graph?

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah thanks. HOw close to 3400mAh can you get with a 17670, or are you planning on switching to an 18650 like in the post 457 graph?

Yes, I plan to use it with 18650, but for the first test of the light I had a fresh charged 17670 available and dropped it in the light. It should be around half the runtime with a 17670 I think.

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a Cat emergency last night, reports of a dog attacking a cat. and our cat nowhere to be seen. I used my Triple G2 for S&R, it really kept the colours nice, greens were green, brown was brown and all that - looking for a hiding black cat ! I had a XM-l T6 light with me for back up but the rendition was not the same .
all up very happy with this and it has been used as it was meant too :)

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
how was the cat ?.
hope it's OK.

I had a Cat emergency last night, reports of a dog attacking a cat. and our cat nowhere to be seen. I used my Triple G2 for S&R, it really kept the colours nice, greens were green, brown was brown and all that - looking for a hiding black cat ! I had a XM-l T6 light with me for back up but the rendition was not the same .
all up very happy with this and it has been used as it was meant too :)

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, i never actually found him but he returned home at silly'o'clock , he has slept all day on my wardrobe eaten and stuff he is moving around now which is good really cant believe how well he is, still he is booked in for a check up ~ most of his claws are actually missing from where the dog dragged him off the fence. hopefully they dont get infected and grow back normal. fingers crossed.

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, i never actually found him but he returned home at silly'o'clock , he has slept all day on my wardrobe eaten and stuff he is moving around now which is good really cant believe how well he is, still he is booked in for a check up ~ most of his claws are actually missing from where the dog dragged him off the fence. hopefully they dont get infected and grow back normal. fingers crossed.

dang, I hope your cat is okay after all!

shao.fu.tzer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Haven't been around in awhile. Been busy working 80-90 hours a week trying to save my house from the IRS. Anyway, due to my current financial situation, I've been unable to keep up with new lights. When I saw these drop ins though and what they were going for, I figured I'd pick one up and give it a try. I bought the 3 x XPG-2 Cool for max output. This thing is a beast on Surefire primaries but will only flicker when I try 8.4V in it. Anyone else have this problem?

flashlight chronic

Enlightened
No problems for me. I've tried a single 18650 and 2x18500's (all AW IC's), and I have one of each model. Maybe you have a contact issue or a problem w/ your cells.
51b74c43-a6ae-4d28-bd3a-4a1ba36f7cf0_zps0c72a0e6.jpg

Last edited:

shao.fu.tzer

Flashlight Enthusiast
It turns out it was just early onset dementia kicking in... I thought I had grabbed a tested pair of freshly charged cells but instead accidentally grabbed two cells of nefarious manufacture at unknown charge levels that happened to look identical at first glance and were at the wrong place at the wrong time. The problem has been corrected. Anyway, here are some pics of it in one of my favorite hosts - a Cryos cooling with VG e2c and a stock E2D body - Beautiful, light, and floody. I have a ton of primaries so I just run it off fresh Surefire cells. Not concerned with getting max light output. I'm going to weapons mount this baby and see what happens.

Note the dual silicone o-rings sandwiching the AR coated UCL lens - I did this for additional shock resistance and waterproofing.
Plus, it kinda looks snazzy and it fit.

I also wanted to note that there was no detectable difference in light level between using fresh primaries and IMR 16340s so
unless you're just an IMR junky, you're probably better off running primaries in a light like this - especially if used as a weaponlight.
Which I plan on doing...

Last edited:

Latest posts